Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 - condensation collects on exhale ports
Airfit P10 - condensation collects on exhale ports
I'm having a somewhat new issue with my P10. I have finally conquered condensation / rainout in the main ClimateLine Air heated hose, and in the mask hose with insulating cozy wraps. The only place that isn't insulated is now the mask apparatus itself, and that happens to be exactly where I'm getting condensation, now that the nights are cooler.

I'll wake up feeling starved of air and find that my exhale ports are noticeably wet. I imagine this is preventing the exchange of air and thus increasing the partial pressure of CO2 in the breathable air, while decreasing that of O2. So I take the mask apart, dry the inside ports with my sheet and then go back to sleep, only to wake up an hour or two later with the same issue.

I believe there is a supplier that makes insulating wraps for the actual P10 pillow assembly, so I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue and had luck using this accessory?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 - condensation collects on exhale ports
Possum, are you using a heated hose? If so, just turn it up a few degrees to move the condensation point a little further away, or perhaps increase the room air temperature. How cold is it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 03:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Possum, are you using a heated hose? If so, just turn it up a few degrees to move the condensation point a little further away, or perhaps increase the room air temperature. How cold is it?

Thanks for your response, Sleeprider. As indicated in the original post, I am using a ClimateLine Air heated hose, but I did not mention that I already have the temperature maxed out at 86 F. We keep our bedroom in the 60s, as that is the optimal temperature for sleeping (at least for us). Raising it is not a viable option, so I'm exploring ways to keep my PAP system warm, now specifically the P10 mask "barrel."
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a fleece cover on the climateline hose, and don't have the hose temperature above 78 in winter. I think 3-4 for humidity. Our room cools to the mid 60s, and I have not had this problem. I suspect your humidity setting may be higher.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 04:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use a fleece cover on the climateline hose, and don't have the hose temperature above 78 in winter. I think 3-4 for humidity. Our room cools to the mid 60s, and I have not had this problem. I suspect your humidity setting may be higher.

I use a humidity setting of 5, which is what I've found works best for my respiratory system. The Auto setting (on both humidifier and hose) is way too dry for me.

Guess I'll try the barrel cozy available from a supplier I found (not in our list) and see if that helps. If it does, I'll post a product review.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea. I have the hose cozy all the way up to the mask, including the short hose to the climateline. So that short section of unheated hose is also insulated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2016, 12:41 PM)Possum Wrote: I believe there is a supplier that makes insulating wraps for the actual P10 pillow assembly,
Google Padacheek. She makes pillow cozies for the P10 pillows. Padacheek also makes hose cozies for the short hose that runs from the nasal pillows to the main hose.

Will they help your problem? Maybe, maybe not. I do use them when I remember to put them on the P10 pillows. But the P10 pillows don't seem to touch as much of my upper lip, so I don't tend to use the P10 cozy as much as I use cozies on my Swift FX nasal pillows.

Quote:so I'm wondering if anyone has had this same issue and had luck using this accessory?
I haven't had much problem with condensation in my nasal pillows as you have. And we do keep the house cold. But I also sleep with my head under the covers and I run the main hose under the covers along my body. So that may be why I don't have the same problems.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2016, 03:11 PM)robysue Wrote: I haven't had much problem with condensation in my nasal pillows as you have. And we do keep the house cold. But I also sleep with my head under the covers and I run the main hose under the covers along my body. So that may be why I don't have the same problems.

I'm sure keeping your head under the covers helps keep the temperature higher. The condensation is likely forming in my pillow barrel because there is a sharp decrease in temperature from the hose to the barrel since there is no insulated cover, and simultaneous increase in humidity (due to the exhaled air).

I'll see if the barrel cozy makes a difference and report back with a review.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,113 39 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,974 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,861 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.