Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 -how to stop leaks?
Airfit P10 -how to stop leaks?
Dear All

I have been on Nuance and am now trialling the AIRFIT P10. After two nights though I am getting massive noisy leaks after sleeping for a few hours. The nasal prongs seem to move and results in air passing out the nostrils. What am I doing wrong? I sleep with a chin strap (much easier to fit with Nuance than the Airfit due to the Nuance extra connector at the mask) and the mask is obviously fitting when I go to sleep. As others have noted, there is a lack of adjustments so cannot really change anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 -how to stop leaks?
I also got one of these yesterday thinking the smaller headgear will result in less 'snagging' and way less leaks. Only 1 night, but even with a chin strap my leaks are WAY more than normal as well.
Like you, not really sure what more I can do with the P10, I also had the Nuance but did not like the strap arrangements.. rode high on my face, digging into the corners near my eyes... and the lack of decent difusement - not good in my book - so yeah, trialling the P10 as well, will have to give it a few days - week or so.

My trials in another thread, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid148553
Post Reply Post Reply
It's important to choose the correct size nasal pillow. Usually the rule of thumb is to go one size up.
You don't want the pillows shoved too far into your nose, but should insert just a tad.
Once you turn the air flow on, the pillows will seal.

Use a nasal gel or a lanolin cream (nothing petroleum based), that will help with seal and any nasal irritation.

The straps can be spread apart or worn closer together. Experiment to see what feels best.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2016, 07:17 PM)OpalRose Wrote: It's important to choose the correct size nasal pillow. Usually the rule of thumb is to go one size up.

Thanks - my 'rental' mask came with medium and large. Will give the large a shot tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've made progress on leak reduction by tightening the harness of my P10.

Since there is no adjustment on this harness, I have tightened it by shortening the straps a little. The way I did that was to pinch up about an inch of each strap and keep it pinched by putting a twist-tie on it.

I found that a good place to pinch the straps is close to the point where they split from one into two. (You could pinch the single strap ahead of that, but doing so would make the two sides uneven in length, which might not be good.) I sleep on my right side, so I chose the straps on the left side of the harness.

Also, I pinched the straps so that the pinched-off part sticks out away from my head. There's no annoying lump touching me. I also twisted each tie such that the ends don't touch my head either. And I cut 'em off close.

Nice thing about this method is that you're not damaging the straps. You can easily make further adjustments or put things back the way they were. Works for me!

Now to get a CPAP pillow . . .

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,179 1 hour ago
Last Post: car54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 284 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,571 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 139 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.