Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 issues
Airfit P10 issues
I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the airfit p10 mask. It seems like after a few momths with it, it becomes hard to exhale out of. I switched out to a new one and it seems to be easier to breath out of. I clean the vents real good but it dosent help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 issues
Seems to me that the only thing that could affect exhalation is the vents. Must be that, though you think you're cleaning the vents well, maybe not well enough...
Post Reply Post Reply
There has been some discussion that the fine mesh that is used for an exhalation vent on the P10 frame may become obstructed by cleaning agents, deposits or even water. I have not personally had the problem, but it has been discussed at length on the forum. The mesh is so fine, that it may retain moisture from cleaning and reduce airflow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2015, 08:51 AM)Pugman Wrote: I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the airfit p10 mask. It seems like after a few momths with it, it becomes hard to exhale out of. I switched out to a new one and it seems to be easier to breath out of. I clean the vents real good but it dosent help.

The vents are only to exhaust air, so you can get fresh air to breathe. If they're clogged, you might feel like you're not getting enough fresh air, because you're just breathing the same air, but it wouldn't make it hard to exhale.

If it's actually hard to exhale, that would be a problem with your machine or it's settings, or if somehow the hose is obstructed (crushed, full of water/etc.)

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a thread in the Product Review Forum on the P10 mask and a lot of discussion about the venting. Warning, it's a very long thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-P10

I notice when I get to the 3 to 3 1/2 months of usage, it gets harder to exhale, that is when I change to a new mask. It doesn't matter how well you think you are cleaning the vents, for some reason it just gets harder to breath after 3 months.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I have been using the same p10 mesh for 9 months. No issues here. I use a foaming hand soap to clean it. It comes off easy with a toothbrush I use to clean it.

One thing I did notice recently: if you put a regular soap on it (downy, method regular etc. ), it's much harder to get all the soap out from the Mesh. So if you are using that, get ready to scrape a few more times until there is no foaming happening.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone ever heard about people having a problem with increased nasal congestion form the Airfit P10 or similar pillows, which low air directly into the nostril? I like the fit but in week 2 and especially now in week 3 I have severe congestion (though it might also be a viral infection). Thank you for letting me know if you have heard of such issues with nasal pillows like the P10 and if any solutions have been found.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2015, 10:15 PM)rfin16 Wrote: Has anyone ever heard about people having a problem with increased nasal congestion form the Airfit P10 or similar pillows, which low air directly into the nostril? I like the fit but in week 2 and especially now in week 3 I have severe congestion (though it might also be a viral infection). Thank you for letting me know if you have heard of such issues with nasal pillows like the P10 and if any solutions have been found.

I haven't used one but I've read a lot of posts from people who find that using nasal pillows actually clears up congestion rather than exacerbating it.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are only a few things that it can be, epr setting has been changed, dirty exhaust port(you eliminated that issue) or pressure setting change.
Ramp pressure can give a low pressure feeling- turn that one up if possible.(I turned ramp to 5min 6cm/02 and like it.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm betting it's probably condensation in the upper tube of the mask. If not, it's time to switch it out.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,952 7 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 46 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 108 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.