Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 issues
RE: Airfit P10 issues
When I get congestion, I clean everything, change filters, and up the humidity. ymmv
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
When I purchased my Airsense machine this week I got a new mask with nasal pillows with three different sizes included. Also I received a user guide for the mask which I did not have before.

In the guide it states: "Ensure the nasal pillows fit securely into your nostrils with both pillows positioned upright".

How far in are they suppose to be inserted? The large pillows i have used so far do not really insert as oppose to cover the nose. Should I try medium or smaller to get a fit inside the nose?

Also I have not really ensured they are upright as opposed to angled and again the large size may not make that possible. How important is it to ensure this?

Thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 01:18 PM)rfin16 Wrote: When I purchased my Airsense machine this week I got a new mask with nasal pillows with three different sizes included. Also I received a user guide for the mask which I did not have before.

In the guide it states: "Ensure the nasal pillows fit securely into your nostrils with both pillows positioned upright".

How far in are they suppose to be inserted? The large pillows i have used so far do not really insert as oppose to cover the nose. Should I try medium or smaller to get a fit inside the nose?

Also I have not really ensured they are upright as opposed to angled and again the large size may not make that possible. How important is it to ensure this?

Thanks for your advice.

1. The pillows seal almost on the end of the nose. They are not cannular.
  2. The proper direction of the pillows is when the size label on the pillow is facing the upper lip. The slight arc of the headgear sides will sweep from the pillows toward the back of the head and up.
  3. Finally the size; I think the consensus here is to initially find the pillow size that aligns with your nasal cavity, then go up one size. If it doesn't work you can always drop back down.

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to the fitting guide:

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Pg ii shows the proper fitting technique with the top portion of the pillow inside the notril.

From pg 3:

Hold the pillows away from your nose ensuring that the pillow
size (eg, M) with the left (L) and right ® indicators are correctly
facing towards you then guide the nasal pillows into your nostrils
(L into your left nostril, R into your right nostril). Pull the headgear
over your head by holding the bottom strap and stretching it
around the back of your head. The top strap should sit
comfortably on top of your head.

YMMV but for me the pillows into the nostrils as instructed work best.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Has ResMed changed the P10 exhaust port recently. My most recent P10 seems to have a much more pours port. Increased noise and can now feel the air flow enough to bother my partner. I have been using the P10 since it was released and have bought a few of them. I have gone through the clogged port issues, which I solved with more careful and frequent cleaning, and hope they have not changed the mask to reduce the problems of those who do not clean properly. The quiet operation and gentle outflow aware the reasons I changed to this mask.

Don - an 18 year CPAP user
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still working on the CPAP changes. But, I too just received a new mask frame for the P10 and it just blew air instead of diffusing, and the pillows were different. The DME exchanged it saying "you must have gotten one of the defective ones" with no questions asked. However, the new replacement does the same thing. And, I've noticed the pillows are different. You can feel air blowing at the magnetic "clip" attachment into the frame, and the actual pillow has some rough/jagged edges at the widest point of the pillows.

I tested the new mask frame and new pillow, higher AHI, noisy, and hard to breathe. Then changed to my old one which came with machine 6 mos ago, and pillows I got directly from DME about 4 weeks ago, and a big positive difference with the older gear. I don't know if there is a new manufacturer involved, or, like you said, someone trying to solve a problem. The new supplies from my DME ship from a warehouse in FL I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
No sure we are talking about the same mask. There is no magnetic clip on the AirFit P10. The pillow component clips into slots, one longer and one smaller. Your observation about the ports is the same as mine. Does anyone have a contact direct with ResMed to check out whether or not there was a change in the frame ports?
Post Reply Post Reply
Its the same mask. My understanding is that when you clip the pillow into the mask frame, there is a magnetic band on the pillow, the colored portion. I could be wrong, but anyway that is the area that I feel the air blowing out from.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,094 17 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,973 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.