Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 love but need something else
RE: Airfit P10 love but need something else
Thank you, Opal Rose! I will try the dryer, something I was afraid to try! Thanks
Are you still using the Airfit P10?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I use the P10. I have also tried the DreamWear, but can't seem to keep it in place. I toss and turn a lot.

My favorite is the P10. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Linda, I did swap to the Nuance mask and really liked it.
Unfortunately I never had any positive results from the whole cpap treatment after using it for at least 18 months so I stopped using the machine a couple of months ago.
I am feeling no difference so far.
I may go back on to my machine in the new year.
I was just very disappointed in the treatment. It did not take away my daytime tiredness at all and I tried everything.
I was really spurred on by all of the success stories I read on here but sadly it wasn't for me.

Good luck to you Linda and all other cpappers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2016, 08:51 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hi Linda, I did swap to the Nuance mask and really liked it.
Unfortunately I never had any positive results from the whole cpap treatment after using it for at least 18 months so I stopped using the machine a couple of months ago.
I am feeling no difference so far.
I may go back on to my machine in the new year.
I was just very disappointed in the treatment. It did not take away my daytime tiredness at all and I tried everything.
I was really spurred on by all of the success stories I read on here but sadly it wasn't for me.

Good luck to you Linda and all other cpappers.

So your solution is to quit cold turkey and put the machine in a bottom drawer. And feel like sh*t still.

Ever thought of going back to find out what happened? Because apparently you were diagnosed with sleep apnea and I hate to tell you this but left untreated you'll have a stroke, heart attack, or die when your car wraps around a telegraph pole.

Don't wanna sugar coat it for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the best of luck to you, too, Gabby. You were really helpful and I appreciate you alot!
Sincere thanks, Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Linda61, I do still use the P10, I love it. I often wash my headgear in extremely hot water, and even dry it in the dryer at times. It shrinks right back up and it's good to go. Works great. Hope that helps you.

I haven't been here in a while, and have been wanting to come back and say Hi All, so you gave me a reason, thanks!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Labrat, I do realise all of the things you are telling me.
The reason I did stop using was I had a problem with my machine and had to get it fixed, meanwhile I went away for a few weeks and did not take machine as it wasn't working. When I came back I thought I feel no different so what is the point.
If I was falling asleep in odd situations I would definitely be back on the machine.

It is a bit soul destroying hooking yourself up every night for over a year and a half and having no positive results to show for it.

I told my sleep Doctor and he just said to keep doing what I am doing. Great help he was, not.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
HI Gabby,
Glad you came back on and posted. Maybe we can still help with your therapy. Why not go back on machine for a few days and post some results here. Could be something simple.

I know you say you don't feel any different with or without machine, but if you are still tired every day after all this time, maybe there is something else going on.

Have you had a complete checkup? Could be thyroid problems, or any host of other things.

Wishing you well.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Gabby, Sometimes the effects are what you can't see right off, and the benefits are not black and white. I lived with undiagnosed apnea for years, and in the beginning I felt no different. It took quite a few years to get to a point where I'd fall asleep everywhere and it got so bad I'd be almost falling down. The effects are cumulative so just because "you don't feel different now" isn't a reason to think you aren't damaging your body. It's also a reason to get back to the Dr or a Dr that cares and get some help so you do feel better using it.

And Gabby what the heck? Why is it soul destroying? What's the big deal? I'm two years in now, and it's never made me feel that way.... so what gives? I'm pretty sure we've spoke in the past even though I have been off a while, so really, what gives?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Galactus, I will try washing/drying my headgear. So glad there's a way to hang on another month!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,209 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,023 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,576 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,061 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,370 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,753 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 382 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.