Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 love but need something else
RE: Airfit P10 love but need something else
(11-06-2016, 06:30 PM)linda61 Wrote: Thank you, Galactus, I will try washing/drying my headgear. So glad there's a way to hang on another month!

Linda61, I've got a fat head, and I've been using mine for the last 12 months. I wash it this way once a month. Also, if you can't make it work check eBay, $20 will get you a new set of just headgear.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Galactus, thanks for your input and for pulling me in to line with the 'soul destroying' line, that was a bit over the top. Maybe I should have just said it just got me down.

I am aware of the terrible things that could be going on inside my body.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come back on the forum, I was sent a random link to this site as someone started it up again and I just mentioned my position.

I haven't had a very good year with depression and taking care of my sleep apnea at the moment is the last thing on my mind. This is why I am putting it off until the new year by which time I hope I will be feeling better mentally and more able to cope with it.

I hope you are well and your sleep is going great.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Opal Rose, thanks for your kind reply. I do intend to take the machine up again and when I do I will come straight back to this site as it was so invaluable to me last time I started using the machine and mask.
Thanks
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2016, 06:57 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hi Galactus, thanks for your input and for pulling me in to line with the 'soul destroying' line, that was a bit over the top. Maybe I should have just said it just got me down.

I am aware of the terrible things that could be going on inside my body.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come back on the forum, I was sent a random link to this site as someone started it up again and I just mentioned my position.

I haven't had a very good year with depression and taking care of my sleep apnea at the moment is the last thing on my mind. This is why I am putting it off until the new year by which time I hope I will be feeling better mentally and more able to cope with it.

I hope you are well and your sleep is going great.

Hey Gabby, It's all good, if you need some support or someone to talk to feel free to PM me. I'm married and harmless, but my wife says I listen well. If you ever need anything or any support you just come talk.

All the best, don't let it get you down, there are far worse things that can happen to you. Believe me I really know.

Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus,
It sounds like you also like the Airfit P10. I have only been using my CPAP for 6 months. I tried 3 other types of headgear in May and June before I settled on this one. I'm grateful and relieved to have found one that works for me.
Linda
Post Reply Post Reply
Linda, I love the P10 so much. When I started I was told I was "mouth breather" and "I'd never be able to use a nasal pillow mask". They gave me a ridiculous full mask that made therapy so obnoxious. I fought tooth and nail to make them let me try the P10 as in my mind the only reason I was a mouth breather was because I was gasping for air and couldn't breathe. I was convinced if I was able to breathe my body would know to stop mouth breathing, and viola I was correct. It worked, and I never looked back, I was and I am happy with it. Best decision ever. I think it's crazy we all get diagnosed as mouth breathers and then suffer because the people fitting masks don't know better, added to the insurance companies telling us to "pick a mask" and can't get another for 6 months. It's like pick a flavor soda without tasting anything and it's all you can drink for 6 months. And they wonder why people hate the therapy or stop because they can't tolerate the mask. A little common sense could take them a long way. Ok, end rant.
Post Reply Post Reply
Galactus,
Yes to all you said! Thanks for your story. You have great insight and resolve.
Back in May when I got my CPAP, the respiratory therapist where I got my equipment let me try 3 different types of headgear at no charge. None of them worked for me. Two leaked terribly, the third one caused nose bridge blisters which turned into scabs etc etc. He understood that the ones he suggested weren't right for me, but finally told me that I would have to pay for the 4th go-round. I thought that was very fair. So I went to <link removed>, talked out my concerns from the other 3 headgear types., and they suggested the Airfit P10. It was the best $$ I could spend.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
I wish my initial experience had been a 3 mask trial experience. Sounds like you might have had it a tad smoother, it's good to see some people are actually helping patients. Let me know how washing it helps you, I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2016, 06:57 PM)Gabby Wrote: I haven't had a very good year with depression and taking care of my sleep apnea at the moment is the last thing on my mind. This is why I am putting it off until the new year by which time I hope I will be feeling better mentally and more able to cope with it.
Apnea can be a major cause of depression. My anti-depressants were not very effective until I started on CPAP. So waiting for a better mental state might be counter productive. If you were not feeling better, there may have been a problem with your therapy (wrong kind of machine, wrong pressure, leaks, etc). Give us a chance to help you get it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2016, 12:20 PM)chill Wrote:
(11-06-2016, 06:57 PM)Gabby Wrote: I haven't had a very good year with depression and taking care of my sleep apnea at the moment is the last thing on my mind. This is why I am putting it off until the new year by which time I hope I will be feeling better mentally and more able to cope with it.
Apnea can be a major cause of depression. My anti-depressants were not very effective until I started on CPAP. So waiting for a better mental state might be counter productive. If you were not feeling better, there may have been a problem with your therapy (wrong kind of machine, wrong pressure, leaks, etc). Give us a chance to help you get it right.

Chill, hello and thank you for taking the time to reply. I have also read what you have said.
It is just very hard to get motivated in this state of mind.
I am going to stay with my daughter for a few weeks in a few days time and when I come back I shall buy the new power pack required for my machine and I will get started again.
I am overwhelmed by the care that has been shown to me here but I should have expected it because I remember how much of a help this site was to me at the beginning of my journey.
Many thanks again and all the best to you on your journey.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,151 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,969 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,559 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,039 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,356 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,746 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 377 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.