Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 love but need something else
RE: Airfit P10 love but need something else
(11-17-2014, 11:18 PM)Gabby Wrote: After using the P10 for many months and loving it, even though I have had to make my own adjustments to sit comfortably around my head, I have decided to order a Nuance pillows mask and see how I go with that.It looks similar to the P10 but has an adjustable headband.
If it doesn't perform, I know where to go..

If you like the P10, but want to try something else that is similar, you may want to try the Pilairo Q. It also has the diffused vent and is light. It comes with 2 sets of headgear, one of which is adjustable and the other elasticized. Both sets are comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your quest, Gabby

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the nuance, and I liked it, the swivel is nice. I like the P10 better and I'm seriously considering the Pilairo because I hate leaving well enough alone.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:13 PM)Galactus Wrote: I had the nuance, and I liked it, the swivel is nice. I like the P10 better and I'm seriously considering the Pilairo because I hate leaving well enough alone.

I know what you mean, that's why I ended up trying the P10 even though I was happy with the Pilairo and why I keep trying different full face masks looking for one that I would be happy enough with in case I end up too congested to use the nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:16 PM)skram Wrote:
(11-18-2014, 02:13 PM)Galactus Wrote: I had the nuance, and I liked it, the swivel is nice. I like the P10 better and I'm seriously considering the Pilairo because I hate leaving well enough alone.

I know what you mean, that's why I ended up trying the P10 even though I was happy with the P10 and why I keep trying different full face masks looking for one that I would be happy enough with in case I end up too congested to use the nasal pillows.

I'm always worried that they will stop making the one I like and I will need something else and not know where to start.

I have to add that in regards to congestion, I have found even with my worst cold that using the nasal pillows has actually helped me get through it. Just my own experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:18 PM)Galactus Wrote: I'm always worried that they will stop making the one I like and I will need something else and not know where to start.

I have to add that in regards to congestion, I have found even with my worst cold that using the nasal pillows has actually helped me get through it. Just my own experience.

I did have one night where it was bad enough that I wouldn't even try it. Mind you i wouldn't try my bite plane /night guard either, so it's possible that I wouldn't have been able to use a ffm either.

As for them stop making them - that is a worry i have with a lot things, and it's often come true!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2014, 02:28 PM)skram Wrote: As for them stop making them - that is a worry i have with a lot things, and it's often come true!

Happens to me all the time, so annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Skram, PaytonA and Galactus for your comments regarding the Nuance and the Pilairo Q.
I am still waiting for my Nuance to arrive and I shall have a look at the Pilairo and maybe give that one a go as well.
I just find with the P10, the last month or more, no matter what I do I can't get my leaks down.
I use a chinstrap, I change my pillows.
The thing is, on my graph the leaks start quite high, about 5 or 7 from the time I put the mask on and read for half an hour. Whereas before that would be zero leak.
Usually I would hear if there was a leak there and adjust the pillows accordingly. But now it seems to be a steady leak throughout the night.
My leaks can be in the 7's, the teens or even 20's.
They were never like that before.
This is why I am thinking I will try a new mask.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I see your posts is a couple years old, so curious if you're still using the Airfit P10. I have the same problem with the headgear strap stretching out before the 6 month exchange time-frame. I plan to shorten it like you did.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, this thread is 2 years old, but there are many other threads on this same subject. It seems to be a problem for many.

All you need to do is wash the headgear in very hot water and let dry or throw in dryer. It will shrink back up.

Recently, ResMed has been including clips with all their masks that can be used to shorten the strap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,041 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,128 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.