Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 love but need something else
RE: Airfit P10 love but need something else
(10-01-2014, 11:45 AM)Clementine Wrote: The P10 has ruined it for any other mask I try. I keep going back to the P10. Still dealing with many leaks, though ... will try the lower pillow position. I have always had multiple pillows for years.

Try the Lanolin, it seems to act as an extra seal on the pillows. Maybe that will help you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Poor Clem. She has really worked hard to figure out what is causing her leaks. Cudo's to her for keeping on.

Clem, I just don't know what to suggest! Could it be you have lots of hair and that causes goofiness in the straps when you lay down? You should be able to master this thing.... Is Mr. Clem secretly peeking under your mask at night to steal a kiss or something? Not that that would be a bad thing necessarily. You are putting the mask on right side up, which means the lettering goes down, are you not?

But great work on your part sticking with this.

As the others will find regarding the P10, "resistance is futile."
Post Reply Post Reply
I would strongly suggest that you try out the Pilairo Q.

From my trials, I was down to the Pilairo Q and the Airfit P10. I like them both and found that on most aspects they were equal: minimal headgear, minimal contact, very little noise or exhaust.

I ended up going with the Pilairo Q as on nights when I have some congestion, it works better. I barely notice it. But on those nights, the AirFit P10 would start to whistle and I could feel extra resistance on exhale.

The Pilairo Q comes with 2 sets of headgear. One is a nonadjustable single elasticized strap. Great, minimalist and comfortable. The other is adjustable with two straps. I thought it would be less comfortable (as the second strap goes over the head and I have a bald/shaved head), but when the elastic gave our on the single strap, I switched to it and it's comfortable too.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard good things about the Pilairo, so I wouldn't hesitate to try that one if for some reason I decided to use a different mask. Although that's not likely, for those few "P10 resistant" folks perhaps this is a nice alternative.
Post Reply Post Reply
retired_guy,
Yup, I understand. Had I not had the whistling/extra resistance on the P10 when I had a congested/clogged nostril, I likely would have gone with the P10.

My comment was more directed at the OP.
Chrstauffe,
since you said

"I would like to find a different mask that is similar to the Airfit P10.
I really like how the P10 doesn't feel like you are strapped in. But I don't think it is doing me much good if I can't keep it in place. Basically a P10 with adjustable straps would be awesome..."

I think the Pilairo Q may be a good fit for you as it fits those criteria.
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally I'd say P10 or gtfo, but that's cause I would be being a jerk Big Grin

I looked at the Pilairo Q and it actually looks kinda nice. I might try one just for sh*ts and grins.

Now if only they would make one of these and add a swivel to the front I think they might get it all the way.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Swift FX for Her has a swivel, soft pillows, and adjustable straps. Now if there was only some way to diffuse that blasted/blasting exhaust I would be quite happy.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 02:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: Normally I'd say P10 or gtfo, but that's cause I would be being a jerk Big Grin

I looked at the Pilairo Q and it actually looks kinda nice. I might try one just for sh*ts and grins.

Now if only they would make one of these and add a swivel to the front I think they might get it all the way.

Have you considered having your nose retrofitted with a swivel? That would be interesting!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Pilaro, used the Swift FX for a year and then discovered the P10. Woiuldn't use anything else. I've used the current P10 6 months and don't think the straps have stretched any (I wear a large cap (7 1/2). I take the straps off about twice a month, wash and air dry them.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2014, 07:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 02:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: Normally I'd say P10 or gtfo, but that's cause I would be being a jerk Big Grin

Have you considered having your nose retrofitted with a swivel? That would be interesting!

I have indeed. And it would indeed be. Sadly no one will do it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,110 34 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,974 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,129 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.