Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 love but need something else
RE: Airfit P10 love but need something else
(09-30-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 05:11 PM)Galactus Wrote: I try and be nice to everyone, even the snails!! and the retired burdens on society!! Laugh-a-lot

That implies I function at a snails pace. I'll have you know that is not true. Sure I may not be all that fast anymore, but at least I'm half-fast.

And besides, here in Oregon we don't do snails. For us it's Banana Slugs or nothing.

By the way, I'm agreeing with the OP. This thread has turned to crap. Let's get back on topic.

Since you have said you love the P10, I think you need to stick with it. Find a way to make the straps work for you so you can get the mileage out of it you expect. Basically Resmed says that's 6 months. I think that's a reasonable time frame for a mask such as this.

You've not lived til you squish a big yellow slug between your toes walking outside your tent first thing in the morning. Just sayin..
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Slug squishing, icky!!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2014, 02:51 AM)Peter_C Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 05:11 PM)Galactus Wrote: I try and be nice to everyone, even the snails!! and the retired burdens on society!! Laugh-a-lot

That implies I function at a snails pace. I'll have you know that is not true. Sure I may not be all that fast anymore, but at least I'm half-fast.

And besides, here in Oregon we don't do snails. For us it's Banana Slugs or nothing.

By the way, I'm agreeing with the OP. This thread has turned to crap. Let's get back on topic.

Since you have said you love the P10, I think you need to stick with it. Find a way to make the straps work for you so you can get the mileage out of it you expect. Basically Resmed says that's 6 months. I think that's a reasonable time frame for a mask such as this.

You've not lived til you squish a big yellow slug between your toes walking outside your tent first thing in the morning. Just sayin..

I got news for you. Here in Oregon you can step on slugs in your own yard - no need to camp! and if your spouse removes the brushy thing under the back door, they will come right on into your house from the back patio! Just ask me, I stepped on a slug right in the back doorway, not once but on 3 occasions!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 09:52 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 02:51 AM)Peter_C Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 08:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: That implies I function at a snails pace. I'll have you know that is not true. Sure I may not be all that fast anymore, but at least I'm half-fast.

I got news for you. Here in Oregon you can step on slugs in your own yard - no need to camp! and if your spouse removes the brushy thing under the back door, they will come right on into your house from the back patio! Just ask me, I stepped on a slug right in the back doorway, not once but on 3 occasions!!!

Was it pink?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess this has been stated before, but repetition does no harm.
Once a week I remove the flimsy headstrap from the P10 headgear and do the following:
1) rinse the strap in lukewarm water with a bit of unscented soap
2) then place the strap in a glass with hot water (~ 60 °C not °F) for about 5 minutes
3) without removing excess water, I hang the strap up to dry

Using this procedure, my band gas lasted almost 6 months, as has retained the original fit.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2014, 04:01 AM)gjw Wrote: I guess this has been stated before, but repetition does no harm.
Once a week I remove the flimsy headstrap from the P10 headgear and do the following:
1) rinse the strap in lukewarm water with a bit of unscented soap
2) then place the strap in a glass with hot water (~ 60 °C not °F) for about 5 minutes
3) without removing excess water, I hang the strap up to dry

Using this procedure, my band gas lasted almost 6 months, as has retained the original fit.

;-> gjw

Actually, this idea above is great to 'renew' any head-gear, to help bring it back to it's original shape. Stress on *NOT* wringing it out, or drying it in any way! Letting it air-dry is the key.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
A strap on pillows doesn't have to be tight. All it has to do is hold the pillows in place until they inflate and seal. I've used the same strap for almost a year and have a relatively large head (7 1/8 hat size). I wash the strap about once a month and can't really tell any difference in the fit. One thing I know it that with the Swift FX I used a medium pillow. With the P10 I use the large.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
After using the P10 for many months and loving it, even though I have had to make my own adjustments to sit comfortably around my head, I have decided to order a Nuance pillows mask and see how I go with that.It looks similar to the P10 but has an adjustable headband.
If it doesn't perform, I know where to go..
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
The Nuance is quiet but does not have the diffused vent like the P10. The pillows do not go inside the nostril, but sit outside. I love the mask but it takes some getting used to because of how it sits on the nostril.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that advice PaulaO2.
I didn't realise the pillows didn't go inside the nostrils, oh well I will give it a go and see what the results are.
I just feel it's time for a change. Time will tell.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,667 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,678 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,515 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,950 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,723 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 362 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.