Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 modifications
Airfit P10 modifications
I recently started having a ton of leaks with my P10 so I decided to tweak it as I am still about a month or so away from having it replaced under insurance coverage. Already on large pillow size and have replaced it 2 weeks ago.

So, I found my last P10 headgear and decided to try to use it to add an additional extra strap.

In picture #1, you can see, my ugly mug, and how the additional straps go around the base of the skull, more or less.

In picture #2 you can see where I attached the extra head gear.

In picture #3 you can the overall layout as well. And yes, those are o-rings. 1/2 x 11/16 inch in size

In picture #4 this is a close up of where it is attached just where the plastic arms end and before the strap splits.

So far, for the last 2 nights I have used it, I have had no leaks above red line. Little spike up before awaking. Mask pressure is more stable and AHI was 2.59 and 2.58 respectively. I am typically just under 5 since starting BIPAP but have been creeping up over into the 6-7 recently with all the leaks so I am trying to manage them.

Those flaps left hanging behind the ear are just there until I am satisfied that I have the tension correct then they can be removed. For now, just easier to undo stitching and adjust if need be as I think I may have it a tad to tight. At night I just tuck them under one of the other straps and they are not perceivable at all. More of an aesthetic thing to remove them.

I am also using the CPAP hose holders to clip hose to the front of my shirt to keep it inline.

I find that the 2 extra straps help keep the mask arms from moving as I tend to toss and turn and this keeps the pillows more in place.

Anyways will keep using and will update periodically as I go along. 

Necessity is the mother of all inventions. - Plato (or in this case, customization.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 modifications
Interesting.

While I love the minimalism of the P10 headgear in theory, the lack of stability and adjust ability in practice make my p10 unusable. I'm looking to do something like you are doing, possibly using part of the Nuance headgear in back and some Velcro to between the back headgear and the sides to add adjustability for fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cervical collar check
Tennis balls check
Mouth Taped check
Hose Buddy check
Extra straps check

Houston we are set for lift off!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 05:24 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Cervical collar   check
Tennis balls      check
Mouth Taped    check
Hose Buddy      check
Extra straps      check

Veteran CPAP user or kidnap victim? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 05:31 PM)Stom Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 05:24 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Cervical collar   check
Tennis balls      check
Mouth Taped    check
Hose Buddy      check
Extra straps      check

Veteran CPAP user or kidnap victim? Dont-know

At times I do believe both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 05:57 PM)Kosoku Wrote: At times I do believe both.

I suppose the two are not mutually exclusive... Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
All P10's now come with these clips that allow you to adjust the headgear.

[Image: 8z5WOGs.jpg]

[Image: P0QcIP7.jpg]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 08:55 PM)AlanE Wrote: All P10's now come with these clips that allow you to adjust the headgear.

I've got the sleep lab version. They didn't come with clips AFIK, unless the RT whisked them away when all of us were unpacking our masks for the home titration trial. And the clips only help if the mask is too loose. Mine is too tight, so headgear hacking is in my future :-D
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2018, 08:55 PM)AlanE Wrote: All P10's now come with these clips that allow you to adjust the headgear.

[Image: 8z5WOGs.jpg]

[Image: P0QcIP7.jpg]

I have these on my headgear in the photos. Don't help a whole lot I find. Still got leaks even with them tightened. So far with my mods, it has not leaked, higher pressure is much more comfortable, and the hose feels better positioned. Also, I can now loosen up those clips and the hose stays in place much better. With the clips tightened and my new additional strap, my nose was getting sore in the morning, not much but enough to say hi. Now, that I backed them off, my nose is happier and I still had no leaks. I also up PS by 1 last night and still did not leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos to Kosoku for having the skill to modify your mask. Seems that us hose heads need improvisational skills to be successful with therapy. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,235 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,043 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,582 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,065 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,377 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,759 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 382 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.