Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 modifications
RE: Airfit P10 modifications
(08-01-2018, 05:25 AM)Kosoku Wrote: I have these on my headgear in the photos. Don't help a whole lot I find. Still got leaks even with them tightened. So far with my mods, it has not leaked, higher pressure is much more comfortable, and the hose feels better positioned. Also, I can now loosen up those clips and the hose stays in place much better. With the clips tightened and my new additional strap,  my nose was getting sore in the morning, not much but enough to say hi. Now, that I backed them off, my nose is happier and I still had no leaks. I also up PS by 1 last night and still did not leak.

It's a struggle for most *PAP users; trying to find a comfortable mask. Good job on figuring a way to make yours work. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You can solve this problem by switching to another minimalist mask - Brevida. Its headgear is fully adjustable without any modifications. Search the forum for reviews of this mask.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2018, 11:16 AM)sonicboom Wrote: You can solve this problem by switching to another minimalist mask - Brevida.  Its headgear is fully adjustable without any modifications.  Search the forum for reviews of this mask.

Hacking the headgear costs $90 less :-)

Like the OP, I've got a P10 already, so it makes sense to see if I can make it work. Plus, the replacement cushions cost less than the Brevida cushions for those of us who don't get "free" ones from insurance.

Even so, I'm considering trying the Brevida because it looks a bit more stable than many pillow masks. But having only two size pillows makes me think it will work great for a limited number of people. I'm hoping Vendor #1's mask "insurance" is honored if that is the case. I assume you've been happy with the the Brevida since its in your profile :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom Wrote:You can solve this problem by switching to another minimalist mask - Brevida.  Its headgear is fully adjustable without any modifications.  Search the forum for reviews of this mask.

Not sure if my DME has this brand. Don't recall seeing it. However, the reasons for modding the mask were 
#1 - the large leaks I started to get as of recent
#2 - I still have more than a month, maybe 2 to go before Insurance will cover the cost of a mask and I do not want to live with leaks till then
#3 - I have used the P10 for years, I love how it feels, sounds, etc and with this mod, it seems so much better to me. I find it amazing that I am now able to handle higher pressures, if need be, and the mask stays comfortable and quiet, all for a few minutes of sewing. 
#4 - I love the P10 and most importantly, my wife loves how quiet it is, especially when not leaking. May not be the quietest mask out there but she is happy and it lets her sleep. 
I am open to trying this mask or other masks down the road but for now I am making do with what I have available. I would hate to switch, at my cost, to an unproven mask, by that I mean one that is unproven to me. Like this mod, what works/likes for some, will certainly not be usable/tolerable etc for others. 

With this mod, I think next I will start looking at making the additional supports adjustable with Velcro, which I think should be easy enough to do or I may leave it alone if it keeps working like it is now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep!  Made head gear before so I could use my old nasal pillows way beyond their use by date!
I couldn't find anything else that would work at the pressure I was at at the time.
Added extra bits to head gear before, we ave to make it work.

Well done Kosoku, your sowing is a lot tidier than my sowing!   Oh-jeez
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2018, 11:27 AM)Stom Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 11:16 AM)sonicboom Wrote: You can solve this problem by switching to another minimalist mask - Brevida.  Its headgear is fully adjustable without any modifications.  Search the forum for reviews of this mask.
 I assume you've been happy with the the Brevida since its in your profile :-)

I love this mask.  It has all the benefits of the P10s without any of the problems.  Quiet.  No nares irritation.  No moving around when turning for side sleepers like me.  No pillow degradation over time.  Still using the same pillow since October.  Has been worth every penny.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2018, 12:24 PM)sonicboom Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 11:27 AM)Stom Wrote:
 I assume you've been happy with the the Brevida since its in your profile :-)

I love this mask.  It has all the benefits of the P10s without any of the problems.  Quiet.  No nares irritation.  No moving around when turning for side sleepers like me.  No pillow degradation over time.  Still using the same pillow since October.  Has been worth every penny.

Put 14 - 20+ pressure through it and then we can compare Apple's to Apple's. Pretty sure my p10 would be absolute whisper quiet if I only had 5.6-8.8 pressure through it. I am now running 14 to 20+   on vpap and the p10 is quiet and comfortable and nose does not hurt with this quick, and I mean quick mod. I am also a side sleeper.

Not saying i won't try that mask, just not now while Insurance does not cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the P10 for 14 months. I am still using the same mask and pillow. Any tension on the hose causes leaking problems but I am used to it - I wake-up when time to roll over. I am no longer small so movement for me requires deliberate effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
P10 straps were too tight for clips, but I switched to large pillow. Then switched to Swift FX and alternate with Aloha. Both are much better than P10 for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2018, 09:16 PM)Kosoku Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 12:24 PM)sonicboom Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 11:27 AM)Stom Wrote:  I assume you've been happy with the the Brevida since its in your profile :-)

Put 14 - 20+ pressure through it and then we can compare Apple's to Apple's. Pretty sure my p10 would be absolute whisper quiet if I only had 5.6-8.8 pressure through it. I am now running 14 to 20+   on vpap and the p10 is quiet and comfortable and nose does not hurt with this quick, and I mean quick mod. I am also a side sleeper.

Not saying i won't try that mask, just not now while Insurance does not cover.

The Brevida is as quiet as the P10 at 25cm. I know I've tried them both there. There's your Apple! Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,169 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,975 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,570 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,042 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,361 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,749 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 378 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.