Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie- See Doc Tuesday, Help I got my sleep study results
RE: Newbie- See Doc Tuesday, Help I got my sleep study results
there is a distinct possibility that your sleep study could be described as inconclusive IF there was not enough contiguous (all at once) sleep time. usually the sleep study will make a note of the number of hours subject was asleep. if it doesn't mention the number of hours actually sleeping, the frequency of waking, heart rate min and max, and how long your O2 was below 88% (an established limit) - then the sleep clinic did not do their due diligence. RERA is defined as respiratory effort related arousal, and that is likely quite high is you are aroused once a minute (every 12 breaths approximately). That cannot be good for sleep effectiveness.

While you cannot get a CPAP machine without a prescription, you can buy an oximeter and software for under 150 dollars that will allow you to review the results of a night's sleep, both in heart rate and in O2 saturation. There are definite indications that show whether these routine interruptions impact your oxygen level. You already know they interfere with sleep.

I hope your doctor has the will to intervene on your behalf.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 85 2 hours ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 346 5 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 184 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,337 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.