Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 pillow replacement
Airfit P10 pillow replacement
Last year I switched to the P10 pillow mask and love it. For the first several months seldom had an AHI above 1. About Christmas time I started getting some readings sometimes as high as 2.5. Certainly not something to really worry about but I couldn't figure out why.

I have a Medicare Advantage program that allows me to get two new pillows each month. I haven't been doing that because it seemed like overkill. The pillows really didn't seem to change physically so I kept using the same ones. When I started getting higher readings I decided the get new pillows. The new ones aren't a soft as the ones I was using, but my AHI immediately dropped down under 1.0 again. So I guess getting replacement pillows isn't just a gimmick to make the manufacturer more money. They do wear out.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 pillow replacement
When the P10 first came out I paid top dollar to buy it and used the Medium pillow but they seemed harder around the edges than the Swift FX so threw it out and went back to the swift.

Recently decided to give the P10 another go but this time thought I'd see what the Large pillow was like. Have to say it seems to seal around the base of my nose better and there is no friction/rubbing. I sleep like a baby and notice the mask less than the Swift

Just say this in case a step up in pillow size may help you as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zorki1c
With the P10, it's not just the pillows that deteriorate, but also the headgear loses tension over time.
With the Swift FX, I used the medium size pillows, with the P10, get far better results & sealing with the large pillows.
I replace the entire mask every 3 - 6 months, & am fortunate that my healthcare pays the bill for the replacement.
BTW, rinsing the flimsy headband of the P10 with fairly hot water, seams to restore the original fit.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 09:14 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: Last year I switched to the P10 pillow mask and love it. For the first several months seldom had an AHI above 1. About Christmas time I started getting some readings sometimes as high as 2.5. Certainly not something to really worry about but I couldn't figure out why.

I have a Medicare Advantage program that allows me to get two new pillows each month. I haven't been doing that because it seemed like overkill. The pillows really didn't seem to change physically so I kept using the same ones. When I started getting higher readings I decided the get new pillows. The new ones aren't a soft as the ones I was using, but my AHI immediately dropped down under 1.0 again. So I guess getting replacement pillows isn't just a gimmick to make the manufacturer more money. They do wear out.

I thought the same as you...I kept using the same pillow for almost 3 months. They do get soft and you don't notice it. My ahi also went up until I finally replaced pillows. My insurance will cover 2 pillows a month, so now I just order them.
You can also get a new mask every 3 months too.
Take advantage of what insurance is willing to give you, because there are enough
things that they find a reason not to pay for!
:grin:
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
General rule, if the P10 pillows start to flutter inside your nose (more than than you can easily control by shifting the mask just once or twice), they are probably worn out.

They soften and the air flow starts a flutter that is as annoying as a fly up your nose. This can happen with a new pillow, especially one too large that gets a fold or wrinkle, but when it becomes common that is likely a good sign of wear and time to replace.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 48 3,064 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Domino96
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,053 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,821 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,860 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.