Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airing - any news about it?
Airing - any news about it?
Hi everyone,

I've been receiving some adds on my Facebook account about this and I started "digging" for it.
Any ideas about it?
Does it exist?
Is it any good?

If anyone has more information, please let us all know.

In my opinion it looks really interesting!...

Smile

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airing - any news about it?
Vapor-ware. No product has ever been seen, but a lot of money was raised...you decide.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would regard it as "Snake Oil". Since that may mean nothing to you, this product is designed to separate you from your money.

Snake Oil meaning:
1. A substance with no real medicinal value sold as a remedy for all diseases.
2. A product, policy, etc. of little real worth or value that is promoted as the solution to a problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really?...

It's a pitty since it "sounded"... promissing...
So, they raised the money and then what?... they didn't release the product?...

Just another tryck to get people's money?...

Thinking-about 

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
I can not see how the Airing can possibly work. It does not seem possible that a device that small could deliver the pressure needed to prevent apneas. Their therapy is based on a multitude of micro blowers powered by a very small battery, how it could pressurize up to 20cm/h2o is beyond my understanding. I have seen peel and stick devices for your nose, they are simply a one way valve using your pressure from your exhale to keep your throat open. I think they might be similar products. See Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy for the peel and stick devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2017, 01:46 PM)Costas P Wrote: Really?...

It's a pitty since it "sounded"... promissing...
So, they raised the money and then what?... they didn't release the product?...

Just another tryck to get people's money?...

Thinking-about 

Costas

"they didn't release the product?"  There is no product to release.  I'm pretty sure that the physics required for Aring to "work" don't exist in our universe.

You earlier asked "Any ideas about it?  Does it exist?  Is it any good?"

*  "Any ideas about it?"  Yes.  I have ideas about it.  None of them good.

*  "Does it exist?"  Scams can and do exist.  An entirely different question would be whether it exists as a PAP device.  Well .......

*  "Is it any good?"  Indigogo reports that as of July 2015, almost $1,851,000 US was submitted to fund Airing.  I'd say that was a pretty good haul ....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm just gullible, but I think they'd like nothing more to make it work but they haven't yet. Someday it may well revolutionize the industry, but till then they've released no product to date.

I wonder if the Wright Brothers existed in current times and used crowd funding to get their plane to fly how much it would have cost, and how many would accuse them of being scammers? That is till they made it work and changed the world.....

Keep in mind guys they laughed at Elon Musk when he said he's revolutionize space travel with reusable boosters.

Or, I could just be that gullible. As a note I added no funds to the crowd funding for this.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Watched a few videos on it, and I absolutely agree that the battery and pump technology do not exist... and the pump requirement for moving that volume of air (it's not only pressure, but flow as well) packaged into what amounts to a P10 mask may very well not be allowed by the laws of physics.
The pump area is simply too small, even operating at extremely high frequencies, it would not be able to move enough air.

I'm filing this one with the Kickstarter "Aqualung" that purported to be a "gill" drawing O2 from the water.
Yes, physically possible... but not in the volumes required for a human to survive in that side of a package.

It would be great if some day it worked. With almost 2 million "invested" if it can be made to work, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to make it work.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Their Facebook page continues to have pretty pictures of the device but nothing on the progress. Oh, except they are mailing out the vouchers for it.

The website is slick, modern, and full of pictures of it along side folks with FFMs. The website has "funding" in the name.

They use language like "we invented" and "the Airing is" to imply it already exists.

They have the same images of the "micro vents" they've had from the beginning. There's no images or information about how the development is progressing of these alleged microvents as well as how this teeny tiny battery is progressing.

The only thing I did see that was even sadder is on their Facebook page, they have a warning out that someone has taken their product image/shape and is selling it as a finished product. Except it is empty inside. Ironically, much like theirs is.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2017, 06:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The only thing I did see that was even sadder is on their Facebook page, they have a warning out that someone has taken their product image/shape and is selling it as a finished product. Except it is empty inside. Ironically, much like theirs is.

I saw that image on amazon or something similar.  It was being sold as an anti snore device.  There were about 40 ratings and all of them were 1 star with most comments being along the lines of "this is a piece of s***.  Don't waste your money."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 642 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FYI: PHILLIPS NEWS srlevine1 0 575 10-24-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] Apnea Board News - 2022 SuperSleeper 0 791 06-27-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Phillips DreamStation 1 News? Mutineer 0 822 05-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mutineer
  [News] April 2021 ResMed news SarcasticDave94 5 997 04-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Interesting mask fit news from Phillips Gooserider 5 1,302 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Good news with side sleeping renoir 6 1,399 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: SleepyTexasGirl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.