Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airing - any news about it?
RE: Airing - any news about it?
Having read your replies I must say that I would agree with the side claimming this is a fraud...

It seems that all the technology required to achieve all the CPAP functions doesn't seem to "fit" in this tiny "box" of Airing - at least with the know available technology. But in fact this is what turned my interest on for this device. How can they do it?...

Let's be honest: which one of us all wouldn't like to get rid of all this stuff (mask, tubing, CPAP...), so such an innovation would be great, if only it was possible to be built. I think that for the present, this seems to be impossible.

On the other hand, history has proved that lots of inventions looked like "impossible" at the time they were introduced, none believed they could work, but they did!... like for instance the Wright Bros, inventors of the airplane.

For sure, I believe we'll have to wait and see what will happen.
All I'm wondering about is: what will happen with all this money raised for this purpose, in case it does not get matterialized. Will they be returned to people or... what?... Bigwink

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
Return the money?

Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
And just the pure economics of the offer.
We're talking Star Trek level technology that doesn't exist in the open market today.
Priced at $2 each in the disposable model, compared to $20 for just a P10 pillow which is very similar to the pillow portion of the Airing?

Of course, the P10 pillow is driven by typical pharmaceutical markups and would only be a buck fifty if we could buy it OTC at Walmart, but this thing is (supposedly) stuffed with parts that make it work too.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think there is a law forcing people who raise funds through public to return the money to the "donators" in case they do not reach their goal. Isn't this right?... Thinking-about

Star Treck technology for 0 money!... well this must be a dream!... Wink

Costas

PS: As my favorite rock band - Dire Straits - say: "Money for nothing and... CPAPs for free"
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, they will likely bring out a product in the end to satisfy the requirements for keeping the fundraising money...once all the donations have stopped trickling in. But will the product actually do what they say it will do. I'm betting not. To say the least.

So nice to see Costas not get torn apart over this and to see a civil discussion. You all know what would have happened on the other Apnea site...carnage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ripping someone apart for asking a question is called "flaming". We don't allow that here. Had it started, the thread would have been closed and probably deleted.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 04:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Ripping someone apart for asking a question is called "flaming". We don't allow that here. Had it started, the thread would have been closed and probably deleted.

Amen.  That is precisely why I love this forum so much and spend most of my time here instead of there.  Even if someone brings up a product like this that not many people respect very much, it can still be discussed in a calm and civil manner.  Kudos to all the Admins and Mods for keeping the environment like this here!
Post Reply Post Reply
I could never imagine that by asking a question about a (non existing) product could cause a... mess. I would never do such a thing - try to get people ungry about something I brought in a discussion.

I completelly ignore any "history" of such "ripping" situations regarding "Airing", but having previous experience in other forums in which I am (or used to be) a member, I know that people can get into "fights". It has never crossed my mind that this could have happened, when I started this topic, and I can assure you: I would never do so.

Still, if someone would like to inform me about all this, please do it, in a PM perhaps, or even here with a post.

Wink

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2017, 05:22 PM)Costas P Wrote: I could never imagine that by asking a question about a (non existing) product could cause a... mess. I would never do such a thing - try to get people ungry about something I brought in a discussion.
It happens all the time.
It's the internet.

The place where, if you want the answer to a question, the best way is not to ask a question, but rather to post the wrong answer.  SOMEONE will be sure to correct you Big Grin
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The problem I have with the Airing is not so much the tiny blowers and battery, but the simple mechanics of keeping it in place without a head-gear. It seems to me that if the nose buds fit tight enough to stay in place under pressure, they will fit so tightly that they can't be removed in the morning. Shock
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 644 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FYI: PHILLIPS NEWS srlevine1 0 577 10-24-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] Apnea Board News - 2022 SuperSleeper 0 799 06-27-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Phillips DreamStation 1 News? Mutineer 0 825 05-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mutineer
  [News] April 2021 ResMed news SarcasticDave94 5 1,000 04-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Interesting mask fit news from Phillips Gooserider 5 1,303 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Good news with side sleeping renoir 6 1,403 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: SleepyTexasGirl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.