Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airing
RE: Airing
(06-12-2015, 09:48 AM)ppowers Wrote: I understand the skepticism. But as far as the technology, look at a smart phone!
Technology is unreal and moving at lightening speed. Imagine the backlash he would or is receiving from the cpap suppliers. He may want money, he may even be scamming, but one thing for sure, it would cost cpap suppliers dearly. Again, the mighty dollar folks. Perhaps Shark Tank to raise money? Who knows. Just food for thought.

No. I've read what he's posted, and to me, it sounds like he's read a few things about MEMS air pumps and hasn't done the math and engineering in terms of energy consumption and other practicalities about CPAP treatment. I also suspect you can't get the kind of pressure and airflow you need in MEMS pumps that would fit inside a package that small.

It's a bit like someone in the 1960's who read about transistors and imagined thinking computers. It might happens some day with this technology, but 50+ years later, we're still waiting, although we've made a lot of apparent progress.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airing
My big disbelief is the power source. The current batteries that exist that are small enough to do that are quite expensive. And he's not interested in doing coin batteries (which is what I was referring to) nor doing rechargeable.

Whatever happened to folks doing their research first then presenting a semi-working model or at least some sort of firm research before going after funding? You know, providing some sort of proof it will work, all they need is the funds to turn it into reality? Oh, right, "crowdsourcing" makes it easier to fleece the sheep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airing - any news about it? Costas P 49 8,465 06-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Last Post: TASmart
  What happened to Airing? OMyMyOHellYes 9 4,342 12-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.