Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airplane Cpap Charge
RE: Airplane Cpap Charge
n the old days, I could take my wine on board with me, which allowed it to travel better - now I make a point of not taking very fine wines (but of course, never plonk) since the baggage compartment can cause them to degrade rapidly. Not everyone can taste the difference, of course, but those I bring wine to usually can.

I do have a wooden box for wine if I ever need to use it, but I rarely do - I find they travel just fine without the extra weight of the boxes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait until your shampoo spills onto your medication! That'll teach you to be careful about how you pack your liquids.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh wow. Gross.

I carry three days with me onboard, the rest is in the checked bag inside pill holders, enough to last throughout the trip. Once my luggage was put on the wrong plane and I had to go six days without it. Never again.

This is also why checking the CPAP through is not a good idea. Not only is there the possibility of damage, but also the chance of it getting lost.

(notice how I brought it back on topic? yes, I'm good.)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nicely done, Paula. Wink
I never let them take my CPAP or medication when flying on the small regional jets. They've never lost my carry-on yet but I'm not taking any chances. The flying for business is bad enough without having to be without my CPAP for a day or two while the airline looks for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always carry all the medication I'll need for the entire trip with me in a small carry on bag that fits under the seat.

I haven't yet traveled with my CPAP, but if I had to do it tomorrow I'd put it in its bag and take it with me, too. Maybe I could fit my meds in that same bag.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Airplane mode E.W. 3 1,446 10-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Looking for feedback on experiences with travel batteries (Airplane approved, BIX,??) Mike97 0 590 09-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Mike97
  Modem connection lost on ResMed Airsense 10 auto. Not in airplane mode. ljenkins46 4 1,635 09-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  AirSense10 auto keeps sending data, even though it’s in Airplane Mode OperaSinger 14 4,980 08-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  CPAP Machines On Airplane AC Power SJH1956 2 1,713 09-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: silentsnore
  Resmed Airsense 10 Airplane Mode nag screen and low-power mode Fats Drywaller 11 4,824 05-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  [Equipment] Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance? SarcasticDave94 36 5,918 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.