Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airplane use
Airplane use
Hello all, anyone had to fly for a long duration and had to use CPAP during flight. I'd like to here your experience. I'm flying to Australia from LA next month. I guess I should get on the phone and start asking questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airplane use
Your experience may depend on the particular aircraft you're on. Some have power outlets at every seat, others are more limited. Which airline / destination / class? Do you know the actual plane you'll be flying on?
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._with_CPAP

Check with the airlines under their "passengers with disabilities" section for their information on using it onboard. If their wheels touch down on US soil, they have to allow you to use it when you fly out. If it is a non-US carrier when you leave and head home, you should still be able to use it but check that, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone, made the arrangements to use my CPAP I hope anyways. I just have to give up my extra legroom seat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Airplane mode E.W. 3 1,445 10-07-2021, 09:35 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Looking for feedback on experiences with travel batteries (Airplane approved, BIX,??) Mike97 0 588 09-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Mike97
  Modem connection lost on ResMed Airsense 10 auto. Not in airplane mode. ljenkins46 4 1,635 09-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  AirSense10 auto keeps sending data, even though it’s in Airplane Mode OperaSinger 14 4,980 08-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: yrnkrn
  CPAP Machines On Airplane AC Power SJH1956 2 1,712 09-29-2018, 06:51 PM
Last Post: silentsnore
  Resmed Airsense 10 Airplane Mode nag screen and low-power mode Fats Drywaller 11 4,823 05-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  [Equipment] Poll: How many turn airplane mode ON after compliance? SarcasticDave94 36 5,917 03-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.