Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Auto
Airsense 10 Auto
So I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto without humidifier or heated hose and it still feels that when I’m breathing I am breathing in warm humidified air. How can this be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Auto

Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your display has the climate control icons displayed on the bottom right of the screen when the machine is running it is possible that the heating plate is still being turned on when you start therapy, even though your water chamber and heated hose aren’t installed. The icon is three vertical squiggly lines above a horizontal sawtooth line with a water drop and number underneath.
I verified that the machine was indicating the climate control was running while the machine was running in therapy mode by removing the water chamber and running my machine. I didn’t verify that the heating element actually heated up.

If the climate control icons are displayed during therapy mode you can turn the humidifier off by doing the following:
  • Push the knob on the front of the machine to wake the screen, if necessary.
  • Turn the knob to scroll to My Options and press to select
  • Scroll down to Humidity Level and press the knob to enter.
  • Scroll to OFF and select.
I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed sells a side cover to replace the humidifier tank if not using it. The cover has a small magnet or piece of steel to be sensed by a magnet so the machine knows to turn the heat off. It can also be turned off manually, as already stated.

I find that with a full face mask, I rebreathe enough of my exhaled breath to provide a little heat and moisture. With a nasal pillow mask, which I prefer, the humidifier is absolutely necessary (for me).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 618 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need help with Airsense auto 10:) (uars?) shedu1337 0 524 09-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.