Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Auto
Airsense 10 Auto
I am wanting to buy the Aiesense 10 auto can people
Who use this Machine please give me their opinion tank you very muc
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Auto
Hi cajones,

I always suggest getting the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her model rather than the standard charcoal-colored A10 AutoSet model. The A10 AutoSet For Her model has everything the standard A10 AutoSet has, plus the new gentler AutoSet for Her therapy mode to choose, to see if it works better for you. Having options increases our chances for success.

The standard AutoSet algorithm can lead to awakenings from the pressure rising too quickly for some patients, or can lead to too much aerophagia (swallowing excessive amounts of air) because it is more aggressive in raising the pressure than the algorithm used in the For Her model or the algorithms used in other APAP machines such as the Philips Respironics System One Auto.

Also, the A10 AutoSet For Her model costs the same but I think its resale value in the private market would be higher than the standard A10 AutoSet model - in case you want to upgrade in a few years, or in case you need to upgrade because you find you need a different type of machine, bi-level or ASV).

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had no real problems with my Airsense 10 auto. The cell modem no longer works - but that's not really a problem. Big Grinnie

It does have some inhalation noise. I have nothing to compare it to so I don't even know if that is a normal sound or not. I have no issues with the 'noise' but it does bother some.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Comparison of AirSense 10 vs older S9 Series

https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment/cpapmac...e-aircurve

Some pro's and con's both ways. For most it really doesn't matter.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using this machine. I like it a lot but as a newbie I have nothing else to compare it to. One of the reasons I chose this machine was the built in modem. I like the fact that I don't have to attach a special device to the machine or mail or upload my results to my doctor. I like that convenience factor. I'm not worried about big brother watching - if someone who shouldnt need to wants to read my cpap data I feel sorry for them. Pretty boring stuff. I like the low low noise level - barely detectable -it never wakes up. I have my pressures set for a tight range 4-6, in this way I control what the machine does to me. You can acces all the clinician settings on this machine and software to analyze the stored data on the SD card inside the machine. All that info on how to do this is available at other locations in this forum. This machine has my thumbs up vote.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I've ordered an Airsense for Her, so don't have any actual experience. However, a doctor online tried it and his only real complaint was about the humidifier. He found it more difficult to see the fill line than other models. I've seen the machine. It is quite small, so easily taken on a trip. That size can also be a hindrance. I had the S9 working last night without the humidifier and nearly pulled it off the nightstand when I turned over. A similar situation potentially can happen with these very lightweight models, but it does make it easier if you have to lug it around on a trip.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 09:49 AM)sonicboom Wrote: One of the reasons I chose this machine was the built in modem. I like the fact that I don't have to attach a special device to the machine or mail or upload my results to my doctor.
You should try Sleephead and see what data you can't see using the modem.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the resmed software. My understanding is sleepyhead doesn't work with the air sense 10 auto set.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 10:30 AM)sonicboom Wrote: I use the resmed software. My understanding is sleepyhead doesn't work with the air sense 10 auto set.
The only issues I am aware with SleepyHead are on some of the Aircurve 10 models, like the AirCurve 10 ASV and the AirCurve 10 ST
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 10:30 AM)sonicboom Wrote: I use the resmed software. My understanding is sleepyhead doesn't work with the air sense 10 auto set.

The AirSense A10 AutoSet works fine with Sleepy Head (SH). I have been using both SH and ResScan with my new A10 AutoSet for the last month, but much prefer SH.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need help with Airsense auto 10:) (uars?) shedu1337 0 523 09-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.