Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Auto
RE: Airsense 10 Auto
I see it was an old thread where SH was not yet compatible with air sense 10. Apparently it is now and SH software was recently update on May 21st. Thanks.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 02:39 AM)vsheline Wrote: Hi cajones,

I always suggest getting the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her model rather than the standard charcoal-colored A10 AutoSet model. The A10 AutoSet For Her model has everything the standard A10 AutoSet has, plus the new gentler AutoSet for Her therapy mode to choose, to see if it works better for you. Having options increases our chances for success.

The standard AutoSet algorithm can lead to awakenings from the pressure rising too quickly for some patients, or can lead to too much aerophagia (swallowing excessive amounts of air) because it is more aggressive in raising the pressure than the algorithm used in the For Her model or the algorithms used in other APAP machines such as the Philips Respironics System One Auto.

Also, the A10 AutoSet For Her model costs the same but I think its resale value in the private market would be higher than the standard A10 AutoSet model - in case you want to upgrade in a few years, or in case you need to upgrade because you find you need a different type of machine, bi-level or ASV).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Are you saying it can be put to normal autosense mode as well as manual? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

I always suggest getting the AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her model rather than the standard charcoal-colored A10 AutoSet model. The A10 AutoSet For Her model has everything the standard A10 AutoSet has, plus the new gentler AutoSet for Her therapy mode to choose, to see if it works better for you. Having options increases our chances for success.

The standard AutoSet algorithm can lead to awakenings from the pressure rising too quickly for some patients, or can lead to too much aerophagia (swallowing excessive amounts of air) because it is more aggressive in raising the pressure than the algorithm used in the For Her model or the algorithms used in other APAP machines such as the Philips Respironics System One Auto.

Also, the A10 AutoSet For Her model costs the same but I think its resale value in the private market would be higher than the standard A10 AutoSet model - in case you want to upgrade in a few years, or in case you need to upgrade because you find you need a different type of machine, bi-level or ASV).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Hi Visiline,do you mean it can be set in normal mode and manual? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 11:14 PM)cajones Wrote: Are you saying it can be put to normal autosense mode as well as manual? Thanks

Yes.

The A10 AutoSet For Her model offers three therapy modes:
1. manual CPAP mode
2. standard AutoSet mode
3. new AutoSet For Her mode

The standard A10 AutoSet offers only two therapy modes:
1. manual CPAP mode
2. standard AutoSet mode

You can request the setup manual (Clinical Guide) for the AirSense 10 models and see all the advantages of the For Her model over the standard AutoSet model.

In the Important Threads section at the top of the forum is a thread with instructions how to request the Clinical Guide by email.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks heaps Vasheline why limit yourself when you can get all best possible
Options thank you for your guidance cajones
(06-08-2015, 03:07 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 11:14 PM)cajones Wrote: Are you saying it can be put to normal autosense mode as well as manual? Thanks

Yes.

The A10 AutoSet For Her model offers three therapy modes:
1. manual CPAP mode
2. standard AutoSet mode
3. new AutoSet For Her mode

The standard A10 AutoSet offers only two therapy modes:
1. manual CPAP mode
2. standard AutoSet mode

You can request the setup manual (Clinical Guide) for the AirSense 10 models and see all the advantages of the For Her model over the standard AutoSet model.

In the Important Threads section at the top of the forum is a thread with instructions how to request the Clinical Guide by email.

Thanks heaps Vashiline why not get all possible options thank you for you guidance my friend
Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP for 9 years. Just started using A10 about 2 weeks ago, set at 4-18. I too had "breathing" noise which got very loud when the pressure was running around 13 which kept me from falling back to sleep. Sounded like a French police car. Determined within 3 days use that the unit was defective and replaced it. No problems at all with the new unit. Very quiet.

I have read the data with both ResMed and SleepyHead.

NOTE (somewhat off-topic): Appears once an SD card has been initialized by one unit, you cannot swap it to a new machine. When I swapped my unit, I kept the old SD card thinking I did not want to loose the 3 days of data. When I first turned the card on, it recognized it was in a new unit and re-initialized the data. Also has difficult time getting ResMed to open my previous user data. Ended up just creating an new user.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 395 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need help with Airsense auto 10:) (uars?) shedu1337 0 524 09-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.