Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Auto
Airsense 10 Auto
Hello everyone,

I spent my first night with my Airsense 10 auto and I must say I am very happy. It is my first machine ever. My AHI was over 90 on my back according to my doctor and at about 10 on my side.

When I went to my sleep study I was told they had to set the pressure at 10 in order to get me down to 0 AHI and my doctor ordered the machine to be set as a cpap with a pressure of 8. Last night my AHI was 2.4. I know this thanks to the MyAir account I set up and I must say it is a very nice feature.

With all I have read I was thinking about going into the clinical side and changing it to an APAP with a min at 8 and a high of 11. Hoping that this will get my AHI down to zero. Since the sleep study lady said 10 got my AHI down to zero.

I have been doing a ton of reading and wanted to know what software is available right now for me to use along with it. I also hope I am using the term AHI correctly. I think it stands for Apnea Hour ??? ... not sure.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Also thanks to everyone who makes this forum possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Auto
Hi. congratulations on getting some real sleep for a change Smile

Most people here use Sleepyhead in addition to anything their particular manufacturer provides. You could also get ResScan. The links for getting both are on this forum
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

AHI = Apnea Hypopnea Index and is merely a total number of events divided by number of hours sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi soniceclipse,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear your first night went so well with your new mask and machine. A lot of people here on the board really like the software called SleepyHead.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both. I am going to download them both and see what I can find out.

I am looking forward to another great night.

Happy New Year everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 03:10 PM)soniceclipse Wrote: With all I have read I was thinking about going into the clinical side and changing it to an APAP with a min at 8 and a high of 11. Hoping that this will get my AHI down to zero. Since the sleep study lady said 10 got my AHI down to zero.
Welcome to Apnea Board, soniceclipse
Zero AHI is not and should not be the goal of PAP therapy, can happen once in a while but not achievable all night every night
The goal is getting better night sleep and feeling better than before PAP

AHI below 5 is acceptable score, not unusual to have a higher AHI score when starting out but as you get used to the whole thing, AHI, leak, etc... will improve as well

The machine will always score an apnea which is not scored during the sleep study as the machine does not know when you,re asleep or awake during the scoring process

The machine sleep report gives you heaps of information as long as "Essentials" set to "Plus" in the clinical menu

Good idea to ask for the clinical manual if you have not already done so
available via email from the link at the top of the page ... CPAP Setup Manuals

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Soniceclipse and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to say that the previous link (http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/) to Sleepyhead is an older version for Windows.

Here is the newest version, v.0.9.8.1-testing, that will work with your AS10:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyh...=directory

One last thought, If you are using Windows8.whatever make SURE that you write protect your SD card prior to inserting into your computer,

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all.

I got ResScan and Sleepy Head to both work. I also lowered my AHI to .4 by setting my machine to auto and a min at 8 and a high of 12. The machine never got over 11 on pressure.

I feel great. Now I just hope I don't get in some sort of trouble for changing my machine from a CPAP to an APAP. It seems very silly to me for the doctor to not use the APAP feature of this machine. Will to high of a pressure cause me problems? I can't find anything that has any hard proof about to much pressure being the defining reason of certain problems. I can only see things as it is possible that it would cause x.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used my AirSence 10 two nights. 1st night I got a 99. Last night
I used it all night but my score registered 0 not used. Does any one know why it didn't register.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2015, 08:46 AM)ubbm Wrote: I have used my AirSence 10 two nights. 1st night I got a 99. Last night
I used it all night but my score registered 0 not used. Does any one know why it didn't register.

Best to start a new thread rather than resurrect a necrothread. A new thread gets more attention.

Hard to answer the question without more data.
First -- what do you mean by score? AHI?
You need a few more posts before you can post a graph. Take a look at data on the SD card using one of the available software packages.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2015, 08:46 AM)ubbm Wrote: I have used my AirSence 10 two nights. 1st night I got a 99. Last night

Sounds like you are talking about the MyAir score online.
It should post after your machine connects via the cell phone modem.

Your AHI number is probably more useful. You can see that if you turn on Essentials (Plus) on your machine. Even more helpful will be the stats you can see if you download your data into SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 244 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 390 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need help with Airsense auto 10:) (uars?) shedu1337 0 523 09-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.