Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Response time to Flow limitations
Response time to Flow limitations
Relative to Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset Elite in Auto mode

Asking for a friend.... 

How quickly does the pressure increase when a flow limitation is observed? 
(I assume that the amount the pressure increases is a function of degree of Flow limitation - but please correct me if that is incorrect)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Response time to Flow limitations
In's not only a matter of "response time", I presume. See https://patents.google.com/patent/US20110203588A1/en for all details.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a statement that may be interpreted and used more easily than that very helpful patent info.

Source of the fragment from a large table: Treatment of sleep-disordered breathing with positive airway pressure devices: technology update - PMC (nih.gov).

I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
response setting would probably be a factor as well
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe there are multiple factors including severity of flow limitation, quantity/duration of flow limited breaths, algorithm (Autoset or Autoset for Her), response setting (standard or soft), and current pressure (pressure increases are more aggressive up to 12 cm and then less aggressively after that).

As as side note the Elite model is fixed pressure so I have assumed you mean Autoset (without Elite after it).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 1 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 6 63 49 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 243 1 hour ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,433 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.