Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 AutoSet vesus DreamStation Auto
Airsense 10 AutoSet vesus DreamStation Auto
Hello:  Recently starting using the DreamStation on trial.  All settings are equivalent to my Airsense 10 AutoSet.  10/15, No EPR, no ramp, nominal humidification.  AHI has increased from average 0.9 (6 months data) to 3.2 (7 days data).  Same mask.  Same sleeping position.  Any discussion or suggestions would be appreciated.  First suggestion - go back to Resmed.  I am curious about machine differences.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 AutoSet vesus DreamStation Auto
Forgot to mention.  Increase is largely hypo apneas
Post Reply Post Reply
The two machines use different algorithms to treat the same thing and respond in different ways. the dreamstation is slower to raise the pressure so has to be started closer to the correct min pressure to get the same result. People that are used to respironics equipment will feel the difference if they switch to Resmed and  vice versa. Both are excellent, dependable equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Air Sense machines will raise pressure faster than the Dreamstations which prevents events from happening in the first place. Resmed bulit them to be pro active and Dreamstations are reactive.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2018, 07:24 AM)gwc2795 Wrote:  People that are used to respironics equipment will feel the difference if they switch to Resmed and  vice versa. 

I can def vouch for that.  I use the Resmed's Autoset Airsense 10 at home and the Dreamstation Go when I travel.  I get much better results with Resmed.  Even after I return home from a trip after using the Dreamstation Go, it takes me a couple of days on the Resmed before I return to my usual lower AHI numbers -- the first nights on the Resmed are higher than normal Resmed nights.  My only reason for using the Dreamstation Go is that it is much more travel-friendly for me, since I prefer to travel with minimum weight in my carry-on luggage.
Post Reply Post Reply
NoADr

I found the difference firsthand. I used a Respironics bipap for 7 years then was switched to a Resmed Aircurve 10 S. It took over a week to get better numbers and to be comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion based on seeing what my wife's ResMed S9 does, and what my AirSense 10 does in comparison to what I see in SH graphs of the Dreamstation results, is that the Dreamstation is not nearly as reactive to apnea events, and does not increase pressure as quickly to control them. The Dreamstation is not as good a machine in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the machines record and compute the data differently from each other. My AHI with ResMed is usually half of what my AHI with DreamStation is. BUT I get better sleep (feel better throughout my days) with the DreamStation... despite them being on exactly the same settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure a blanket statement that resmed is better than phillips can be made or supported. Some people are disturbed by the quick pressure changes made by the resmed machines and receive better treatment from the more moderated phillips machines. In my opinion the machines accomplish the same thing, which is to control OSA. You are absolutely correct that the resmed machine reacts faster and more aggressively than the phillips machines, once the settings are refined they both do a superb job, it depends on the patient.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 58 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,434 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,088 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 198 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 999 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 207 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.