Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset
Airsense 10 Autoset
I have an Airsense 10 autoset. The machine sends data daily to ResMed via the cellular data network. What I get on the https://myair.resmed.com web page is a dumbed sown version of the data that is available to the doctor.  I can read the data off the SD card for detailed information which is fine. Any one have any hacks or information on how to get full access to the data that is sent to resmed? It seems unfair that I can't read my own data. Maybe its a bad idea to send it to ResMed too. Any ideas on this technology and loss of control over personal health information?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset
Hello fellow Canuck. All you need to use is Sleepyhead software to gain access to all of the information you need from your machine. See the links below in my signature on how to download, install and interpret the data from Sleepyhead.

I have no issues with my data being sent to Resmed, my doctor or whomever. If they find it interesting...more power to them! The real key is that I can view all of my data to see how I am doing in my therapy and make adjustments to my machine if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
The internet of things will make this kind of stuff commonplace. I am sure ResMed justifies it by saying it allows your Dr easy and 24/7 access to your data should problems arise. The reality is neither your Dr. nor the DME look that closely or frequently at the data. I am sure if you contact the DME and stink it up enough they will stop collecting the data, but then your insurance will reclaim the device because you cannot prove compliance. Afte the compliance period you would have to fight the battle of the provider needing to be able to prove that they need the data.

I have yet to find anything that actually accesses the data the Dr gets, I looked at my last check in and its looks really similar to the ResScan data that you can get. The Dr's data access comes at a price, guess you could offer to buy the program, but I'd bet they would say that it is for healthcare providers only. Not enough reward in it to have a law firm file suit, so I think you are SOL other than to turn off the data transmitter and offer to provide the data periodically via SD card.

Me, I figure it's not worth the fight.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead will give you the information from the card.

As to what MyAir gets, it is nothing more than what SleepyHead sees. If you don't like them knowing, turn off its ability to send the information. Isn't that done via a modem on the back?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 04:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: SleepyHead will give you the information from the card.

As to what MyAir gets, it is nothing more than what SleepyHead sees. If you don't like them knowing, turn off its ability to send the information. Isn't that done via a modem on the back?

The modem isn't readily accessible on the Resmed Airsense 10 machine.  It's internal.  He would have to turn on "airplane mode" in the clinical settings to prevent any transmittal of data.

Also, just a note to saskatoonie. You may want to update your equipment in your profile to reflect that you now own the Airsense 10 Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 406 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.