Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset Comfort/Response/Soft = "For Her" algorithm?
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Comfort/Response/Soft = "For Her" algorithm?
(07-17-2016, 03:49 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 03:38 AM)stephennic Wrote: Is this feature available on the Airsense Elite (fixed pressure) version or only on the auto version.
Cheers
Steve

It would only be on the autoset version, Steve. The Elite operates at a single pre-set pressure, so the rate of pressure change isn't relevant.
Thanks, at least $2000 AUD for the Airsense 10 auto. To much money for me
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset Comfort/Response/Soft = "For Her" algorithm?
(07-16-2016, 09:10 PM)Mary Anna Wrote: I think i need to investigate also. Just got my machine .. it was a replacement for a Respironics that I had a lot of humidity problems with. But .. from the SN it was made in 2015. and had 200 hrs on it. soooo not new .. not sure it matters .. works better than what I had but ins will only pay every 5 yrs .. so I think maybe I need the ResMed for Her. The sales lady told me she thought that was a advertising gimmick, but sure sounds real to me.

Maryanna, the Resmed S9 autoset for Her WAS an advertising gimmick - they were pink. Otherwise, the algorithm was the same as the non-pink ones. But, the Airsense for Her has an additional algorithm and it definitely makes a difference for some people. I would beware of the sales lady who clearly does not keep up on the abilities of the most popular machines!

I can definitely tell the difference between algorithms for the For Her vs. standard when I look at the data with Sleepyhead. However, I'm pretty successful with the standard algorithm, so bought an S9 for my backup machine.

To the original OP - The primary algorithm for both the S9 and the Airsense IS THE SAME! So, if you can get the S9 auto cheaper there in Australia, go for it. They just did a physical redesign. A lot of Australians buy from the US for less than they can get in Australia. I'm sure someone can help you on that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.