Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Altering N30i Cushion
Altering N30i Cushion
As many of you know there are now two different types of N30i nasal cushions! The old design was the best cushion I ever used and I absolutely got great results with it! ResMed redesigned the cushion and the new version now has a completely different exhalation port that I have trouble with! I seem to have trouble exhaling with the new cushion! I tried adjusting EPR over and over and still don't get the results I used to get with the older cushion! Someone suggested I remove the foam filter from the cushion leaving just the holes making it similar to the older design! In my opinion the filter isn't necessary since it is on an exhalation port! My question is will the performance of the mask be affected if I remove this foam filter? Thank you in advance for your responses!  Joe B.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Altering N30i Cushion
The mesh is not there to filter, it's there to diffuse.

Removing the diffusing mesh, may:
  • Increase noise
  • Create a stream
  • Report a slightly elevated leak
If your concerned about essential therapy behaviours, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Take it out carefully, run without for a few days, compare OSCAR results. It can be put back in.

If you make a slight change to your therapy settings (adjust maximum pressure by 0.2) that will create a new entry in OSCARs statistics. This way you can easily compare pre-and-post mesh removal. Making a change of 0.2 max pressure won't change therapy behavior.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the filter out of mine; everything seems fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I noticed this change to. While I really like the diffuser they also changed the structure of the cushion itself, with slightly more rigid silicone parts in places… which doesn’t fit my nose as well or is as comfortable for me as the old-style cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 237 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 561 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 408 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,826 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 370 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 546 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Very intermittent nasal cushion collapse BillfromMissouri2 4 424 12-10-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.