Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset - New User
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset - New User
Hard to say why you ended up with that string of OA at the end of the night, while the beginning 4-hours were pretty clean. I think you need to increase your minimum pressure to 7 for the moment, and probably will go to 9 eventually to prevent this. The Philips machines increase pressure too slowly to be able to respond to a clustered event like this, and you can see n the first graph that many OA events occur before the machine reaches 12 cm where the events seem to stop. As the machine allows pressure to drop back, they restarted, and the cycle began again. So for the philps machine, you need higher minimum pressure and 9.0 is not an unreasonable estimate of where that needs to be based on flow limitations and hypopnea preceding OA events.

In the resmed machine, you can see the pressures rose faster and resulted in a median pressure of 10.4. There are some leaks in this data and again, I think your mask fit will be improved if the minimum pressure is increased to at least 7. The cluster of OA at 6:20 began before the machine could ramp up pressure, and that again points to higher minimum pressure.

Overall you are doing better in terms of AHI with the faster responding Resmed machine. Both units would treat you better with higher minimum pressure, and this is more important with the slower responding Philips Respironics. When judging comfort, you need to take this higher minimum pressure requirement for the Philps into account. The Resmed will prevent your events from a pressure of 7, I don't think the Philips will until the minimum is at 9.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks for that information, I will crank up the minimum pressure and give it a few nights and see how it goes, and post any changes. I think given the string of OAs and your explanation, it makes sense to give the A10 a real try. I really appreciate the help and the information. This is so valuable, and something I can't seem to get help with elsewhere.

c0mbe
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice all! Particularly Sleeprider! I made the changes suggested and had a great sleep last night with 0.6 AHI! This was using the Airsense 10 auto set.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a keeper to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 166 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.