Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset data question
Airsense 10 Autoset data question
First off I’d just like to show my appreciation to the users of this forum whose knowledge has made this complex sleep disorder and treatment option easier to understand. Without this great information resource I’d be lost.

I’m going to be getting a machine soon and have settled on the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I’ve already clarified that it is compatible with sleepyhead but I’d like confirmation from someone that it is a full data machine. Specifically I really want the machine to be capable of recording the following information:

RDI or RERA
Flow limitation
Central sleep apneas
Airflow waveforms
Leaks
Cheyne–Stokes

I’m guessing data such as AHI is a certainty to be included as well.

Hopefully someone can confirm my query so I can buy with full confidence.

Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset data question
Yes it will include all that you want.  It is a great machine and you will be very happy with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2018, 11:37 AM)yankees123 Wrote: Yes it will include all that you want.  It is a great machine and you will be very happy with it.

Looks like I'm good to go then! Thanks for the quick reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the A10 and use SleepyHead. I am not sure about RDI. I don't believe SleepyHead displays it. In any case I consider it a poor measure. And the rest, yes it does it. Keep in mind that a CPAP really only controls obstructive apnea and hypopnea. Those are the critical measures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait. The ResMed records RERAs???
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed records RERAs so you can get your RDI simply by adding the RERA index to your AHI. But Ron is right. SleepyHead does not show the RDI and its not shown on the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. So is that an obvious reason for why the ResMed's AHI is so much lower than the DreamStation's AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you feel the urge you can change sleepyhead to display RDI in preferences
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2018, 11:04 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Wow. So is that an obvious reason for why the ResMed's AHI is so much lower than the DreamStation's AHI?

AHI and RHI are different. The RHI generally should always be the same or higher. But when you compare between machines, their criteria for flagging an event are probably not the same, so there can be differences.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 163 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.