Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset or ?
Airsense 10 Autoset or ?
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset seems to be one of the most recommended machines from looking around at the forum. Looks like I can get one new for around $590. Any other recommendations for APAP, or is this likely the best way to go without spending a lot more money?

I would look for it used (that's how I got my previous machine), but do to Covid, I'd like to buy a new machine. Any suggestions on where to get it are welcome (and I have found the supplier list here).

I've been using Resmed S9 for years, which was fine, but it's broken.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset or ?
Look up Supplier #2 and see what they've got available. Yes the AutoSet is one of the best and depending on your old machine may be nearly identical in usage. The 9 is a different package but nearly the same otherwise. These 10s have a built in humidifier which may benefit. One bonus is that your treatment will at least be identical. My RT recently stated that there's a particular breath pattern with machine brands. If you already use and like ResMed, staying with the brand will likely be a wise choice.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2021, 03:26 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Look up Supplier #2 and see what they've got available. Yes the AutoSet is one of the best and depending on your old machine may be nearly identical in usage.  The 9 is a different package but nearly the same otherwise. These 10s have a built in humidifier which may benefit. One bonus is that your treatment will at least be identical. My RT recently stated that there's a particular breath pattern with machine brands. If you already use and like ResMed, staying with the brand will likely be a wise choice.

Thanks Dave, that's helpful. Supplier #2 has a great price on the Autoset 10 for a new unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Several members here have bought from them. Very high level of satisfaction.

Let us know when you get yours and keep us updated on your success. I'm thinking you can probably copy your settings direct and no fuss.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,295 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 189 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 983 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 204 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 266 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 707 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,296 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.