Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
I realised recently that my Airsense was 'waking up' from time to time through the night, for no apparent reason. By this I mean the display was lighting up, then going out again after a few seconds. It seems to happen whenever I move, though I can't determine if it's when I move the hose. I suspect a dodgy hose connector nevertheless, because I can't come up with anything else.

Any ideas? Has anybody else experienced this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
I don't experience the display lighting up unless there has been an electrical disturbance causing a restart. Your Oscar data should show anomalies on the pressure chart. A very brief interruption will not show as a new session, but if pressure drops to near zero then recovers, that may be an electrical interruption episode. I assume you have smartstart on. You might want to put on the mask, start the machine, and play with the connections at the outlet, adapter and machine to see if you can recreate the issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't use smartstart, but thanks for the Oscar suggestion. I'm not aware of the blower stopping, but maybe it's momentary. Will take a look now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmmm. No visible interruptions but weird leaks. I wonder if the hose is leaky?

[img][Image: BhpHzO9.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I just 'masked up' and tried to find a leak but no success. All seems well. Is that leak real, or a machine malfunction of some sort?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know about your question but looking at your charts, you have a lot of flow limits.  Are you using any EPR?  If not you might try.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using EPR2, which I think is where I landed after having a bit of a problem with CAs. What does the flow limit value indicate?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If you are using the heated hose then try disconnecting the hose from the machine and reconnecting it. Might just be a bad connection.
MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | MacOS BigSur (11.6.2) | OSCAR v1.3.0 | VM = Win10 21H1 (19043.1165) |
Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching images and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 08:21 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If you are using the heated hose then try disconnecting the hose from the machine and reconnecting it.  Might just be a bad connection.

Tried that, thanks. No joy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try EPR 3. The centrals go away (treatment emergents) after a couple of months. If you get many more centrals you can go back to 2. But I don’t think you will
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Notes on AirSense 11 Autoset after a couple of weeks jprestonian 27 4,881 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: lmcdowel
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 11,572 Yesterday, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Anyone had problem switching from dreamstation to airsense [breathing problem] TaxFreeira 34 900 01-13-2022, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TaxFreeira
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Misbehaving Aardvark08 2 206 01-10-2022, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set; stevekuk 4 429 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet Heated Tubing Avign0n323 4 318 01-07-2022, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  resmed airsense 10 noise problem annoyed 15 1,115 12-24-2021, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Dave W

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.