Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
Thanks again.

I have the tube 'trapped' under my pillow, but of course some movement still makes it to the machine. I just don't see why on earth you would design such a function into a CPAP machine, when we all move around frequently through the night, and I don't recall this happening until a few weeks ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2021, 01:34 AM)StevesSp Wrote: Contacts are clean and shiny, but I will clean them with a little solvent when I get home (currently away for a few days, photographing an event).

As for the flow limits, I'm happy to try going back to EPR3 and grateful for the help, but could somebody please tell me what flow limits are and how EPR affects them? Just curious.

Old photographers trick.....with my Nikon F2's and F3's I would clean the batteries and contacts with a pencil eraser to restore them when I had a problem.  I also carried spare batteries.

Last night I put my SD card back in the S10 I have. The display lit up.

Crazy idea--try cleaning the contacts on your SD card with a pencil eraser; then wipe the SD card clean.

My S10 doesn't light up during the night once I start my treatment.  Don't know why your machine would.  I have auto-start turned off. Once I have my mask on, i turn my S10 on myself. It lights up and starts.  I don't have RAMP enabled.  The light goes out after a bit and stays out.

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the copper contacts can have an oxidation layer build up over time. This can be caused by oil transference while touching the contact pads. This can elevate resistance in the connection to a point where it is no longer functional. Using an eraser will serve as a nonabrasive means to remove this oxidation layer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
StevesSP,
The display light on my AirCurve does not come on during the night. It only comes on if I get up and remove mask. Once back in bed, the light stays off.
And I move a lot during the night.

I think there must be a defect with your machine, regardless what DME/supplier says.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you can fix the light with automotive check engine light tape. AKA a few squares of electrical tape.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2021, 01:34 PM)OpalRose Wrote: StevesSP,
The display light on my AirCurve does not come on during the night.  It only comes on if I get up and remove mask.  Once back in bed, the light stays off.
And I move a lot during the night.  

I think there must be a defect with your machine, regardless what DME/supplier says.
The same is true for my airsense 10 Autoset.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks folks. I have replied to the seller explaining that I am in contact with other users who do not see this behavior and so do not accept that this is normal. I have requested further advice.

Once again this forum empowers users. Once upon a time, I would have been unable to canvass other owners of my machine and so might have just accepted their response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.