Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
I realised recently that my Airsense was 'waking up' from time to time through the night, for no apparent reason. By this I mean the display was lighting up, then going out again after a few seconds. It seems to happen whenever I move, though I can't determine if it's when I move the hose. I suspect a dodgy hose connector nevertheless, because I can't come up with anything else.

Any ideas? Has anybody else experienced this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
I don't experience the display lighting up unless there has been an electrical disturbance causing a restart. Your Oscar data should show anomalies on the pressure chart. A very brief interruption will not show as a new session, but if pressure drops to near zero then recovers, that may be an electrical interruption episode. I assume you have smartstart on. You might want to put on the mask, start the machine, and play with the connections at the outlet, adapter and machine to see if you can recreate the issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't use smartstart, but thanks for the Oscar suggestion. I'm not aware of the blower stopping, but maybe it's momentary. Will take a look now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmmm. No visible interruptions but weird leaks. I wonder if the hose is leaky?

[img][Image: BhpHzO9.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
I just 'masked up' and tried to find a leak but no success. All seems well. Is that leak real, or a machine malfunction of some sort?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know about your question but looking at your charts, you have a lot of flow limits.  Are you using any EPR?  If not you might try.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using EPR2, which I think is where I landed after having a bit of a problem with CAs. What does the flow limit value indicate?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using the heated hose then try disconnecting the hose from the machine and reconnecting it. Might just be a bad connection.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2021, 08:21 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: If you are using the heated hose then try disconnecting the hose from the machine and reconnecting it.  Might just be a bad connection.

Tried that, thanks. No joy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would try EPR 3. The centrals go away (treatment emergents) after a couple of months. If you get many more centrals you can go back to 2. But I don’t think you will
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 492 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.