Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset problem?
Other than the break at 23:00 I don't see interruptions. The spikes in leaks are just instant small mask leaks and nothing to worry about. I saw EPR 2 from the pressure chart. I wouldn't argue against a trial at EPR 3 to see if that eases the flow limits. Overall looks fine, and I don't see any suggestion of a loose electric connections.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the electrical contacts at the end of your climateline hose do they look dark/discolored? If so you could try spraying them with something like deoxit (check your local hardware store) then scrubbing them a bit with an old toothbrush or similar.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
Contacts are clean and shiny, but I will clean them with a little solvent when I get home (currently away for a few days, photographing an event).

As for the flow limits, I'm happy to try going back to EPR3 and grateful for the help, but could somebody please tell me what flow limits are and how EPR affects them? Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see in my signature how apnea is classified.  Flow limits are just smaller apnea.  Flow limits, Hypopnea, Obstructive are the same -  the amount of obstruction and length of time are used to name them.  So Flow limits are what ResMed uses to increase pressure to stop them from becoming larger events.

The other type of Apnea is Central where there is no obstruction but a lack of breathing.  It happens when the body has gotten rid of CO2.  

Gideon, explains it very well but my explanation is very lacking. Wiki has some articles.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Try breathing through a straw. Do it fast. Do the same thing with your mouth open. That is a particle example of flow limited or restricted breathing.

This is the smallest of the obstructive events. As such it is the hardest to detect. An 80% restriction in flow is easy to see, a 25% restriction much less so.

EPR is a difference in pressure between inhale and exhale, up to 3 cmw. On a BiLevel this is called Pressure Support(PS) and is a good part of ResMeds better effectiveness vs many other brands of CPAPs. Thus EPR provides a boost of pressure to help with the inhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again folks. Will trial EPR3 for a while to see what happens. As for the 'waking up' issue, some more investigations required.
Post Reply Post Reply
I contacted the seller about this issue and was told that it is quite normal for the light to come on when I move:

"That behaviour is completely normal.  When the light goes out, it is only doing that to save power.  When it detects you are awake then the light will turn on.  If you have further questions or if there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to contact me again."

I'm pretty sure it's a new issue though. Has any other Airsense 10 user seen this?
Post Reply Post Reply
My Aircurve 10 is in a drawer next to the bed with the tube and power conducted out the back through a 2-inch hole.  I never see any lights, hear any noise or touch any buttons.  I just use the open drawer to maintain the humidity chamber.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Neat. If this is normal behaviour then I can easily deal with it, but I can't help feeling it didn't used to happen and want to be sure it doesn't indicate a fault.

Also, how does the machine know I moved? All I have to do is shuffle around on the pillow and on comes the light. I can only guess that it is triggered by hose movement, which seems unlikely and of little benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve, I have not observed the control panel lights coming on as a result of movement. My wife also uses one and it stays dark through the night. Both of us use a lanyard to suspend the tube so it isolates any movement from the machine. I don't know if that has anything to do with triggering the light, but it does help keep the tube out of the way and allows more freedom of movement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 118 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.