Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp by Respironics
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch
This is pretty minor but a bit annoying so I thought I would ask... My machine is set on Smart Start and when I get up in the night I press the on/off button once which puts the machine in stand-by mode. I do this instead of just disconnecting the mask from the hose to avoid the loud rush of air that occurs when doing that. When I reconnect the mask and inhale my machine starts up but sends a pretty strong beam of light from the on/off switch. I can find something to cover the switch with but I was wondering if everyone experiences this?

Once, I did have the CPAP hose pop off the back of the machine and the light beam came on and helped alert me to the leak but it would be nice if it only came on when there was a leak and not during normal operation. Any ideas?

And, one other unrelated question... Smile I'm finding I like a fair amount of humidity but not a lot of heat. Would using a Climateline tube allow me to reduce heat but maintain a higher humidity? Or, does it not work that way?

Thanks!
12-29-2015 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
foss Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Autosense 10
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Amara View FFM
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 13.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Marine Chemist, Science Teacher & Counselor, Internet Server Admistrator

RE: Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch
I believe the LED in the on/standby switch is meant to make the switch easy to find in the dark. That is a "feature" that cannot be disabled. I like the room very dark while sleeping. When I do have to get up or otherwise, the display illumination is much brighter the the on/standby switch. I just have to wait for it to time out.

I am a mouth breather so I like a lot of humidity. I had rain out prior to receiving the Climateline hose. Since then I just set the humidity and the hose temperature set to automatic. It works perfectly for me. I get the maximum humidity and no rain out. The hose doesn't actually heat the air very much. It is just comfortable. (For me)

Jeff

Sleep is worth the effort.
12-29-2015 01:43 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Yes I find that annoying too. The light should not stay on past 10 or 20 seconds when the room is dark. I sit there holding my hand over the light until it goes out so I don't bother my eyes and the Mrs. but mostly my eyes. Sorry Mrs... Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
12-29-2015 08:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DumfriesDik Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Philips Respironics Nuance
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: auto 4 - 20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: 2010 - 2015 S8 Escape; 2015 - Date S9 Autoset

The display on the S9 is bright enough and stays on long enough to see where you are going when needing a pee! I mean getting to the loo, not going in the pan!!
12-30-2015 02:28 AM
Koobie Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed 10
Mask Make & Model: swift fx
Humidifier: Unsure
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
(12-29-2015 01:29 PM)Dagmar Wrote:  This is pretty minor but a bit annoying so I thought I would ask... My machine is set on Smart Start and when I get up in the night I press the on/off button once which puts the machine in stand-by mode. I do this instead of just disconnecting the mask from the hose to avoid the loud rush of air that occurs when doing that. When I reconnect the mask and inhale my machine starts up but sends a pretty strong beam of light from the on/off switch. I can find something to cover the switch with but I was wondering if everyone experiences this?

Once, I did have the CPAP hose pop off the back of the machine and the light beam came on and helped alert me to the leak but it would be nice if it only came on when there was a leak and not during normal operation. Any ideas?

And, one other unrelated question... Smile I'm finding I like a fair amount of humidity but not a lot of heat. Would using a Climateline tube allow me to reduce heat but maintain a higher humidity? Or, does it not work that way?

Thanks!

You should be able to chage the temperature setting on the climate line. Plug in the hose, and pick the setting for manual - You can adjust the humidity and hose temperature both.
01-03-2016 03:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dagmar Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp by Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Thanks, the Climateline hose is on order, backorder actually with free shipping!
01-03-2016 03:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,369 Today 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  light on Dream Station ttfespe 29 2,105 12-02-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Pressure] new airsense 10 new at this abrun7 7 489 11-19-2016 02:12 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Been about a week with the AirSense 10 for Her Beej 4 380 11-11-2016 09:30 PM
Last Post: Beej
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 12 1,117 11-07-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: Insomniac II
  1st night on new Airsense 10 for her Beej 7 474 11-02-2016 06:08 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 524 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred