Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch
Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch
This is pretty minor but a bit annoying so I thought I would ask... My machine is set on Smart Start and when I get up in the night I press the on/off button once which puts the machine in stand-by mode. I do this instead of just disconnecting the mask from the hose to avoid the loud rush of air that occurs when doing that. When I reconnect the mask and inhale my machine starts up but sends a pretty strong beam of light from the on/off switch. I can find something to cover the switch with but I was wondering if everyone experiences this?

Once, I did have the CPAP hose pop off the back of the machine and the light beam came on and helped alert me to the leak but it would be nice if it only came on when there was a leak and not during normal operation. Any ideas?

And, one other unrelated question... Smile I'm finding I like a fair amount of humidity but not a lot of heat. Would using a Climateline tube allow me to reduce heat but maintain a higher humidity? Or, does it not work that way?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch
I believe the LED in the on/standby switch is meant to make the switch easy to find in the dark. That is a "feature" that cannot be disabled. I like the room very dark while sleeping. When I do have to get up or otherwise, the display illumination is much brighter the the on/standby switch. I just have to wait for it to time out.

I am a mouth breather so I like a lot of humidity. I had rain out prior to receiving the Climateline hose. Since then I just set the humidity and the hose temperature set to automatic. It works perfectly for me. I get the maximum humidity and no rain out. The hose doesn't actually heat the air very much. It is just comfortable. (For me)

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I find that annoying too. The light should not stay on past 10 or 20 seconds when the room is dark. I sit there holding my hand over the light until it goes out so I don't bother my eyes and the Mrs. but mostly my eyes. Sorry Mrs... Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
The display on the S9 is bright enough and stays on long enough to see where you are going when needing a pee! I mean getting to the loo, not going in the pan!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2015, 01:29 PM)Dagmar Wrote: This is pretty minor but a bit annoying so I thought I would ask... My machine is set on Smart Start and when I get up in the night I press the on/off button once which puts the machine in stand-by mode. I do this instead of just disconnecting the mask from the hose to avoid the loud rush of air that occurs when doing that. When I reconnect the mask and inhale my machine starts up but sends a pretty strong beam of light from the on/off switch. I can find something to cover the switch with but I was wondering if everyone experiences this?

Once, I did have the CPAP hose pop off the back of the machine and the light beam came on and helped alert me to the leak but it would be nice if it only came on when there was a leak and not during normal operation. Any ideas?

And, one other unrelated question... Smile I'm finding I like a fair amount of humidity but not a lot of heat. Would using a Climateline tube allow me to reduce heat but maintain a higher humidity? Or, does it not work that way?

Thanks!

You should be able to chage the temperature setting on the climate line. Plug in the hose, and pick the setting for manual - You can adjust the humidity and hose temperature both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, the Climateline hose is on order, backorder actually with free shipping!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any way to totally disable that bright light ?   Or failing that would just covering it with black paper
cause any harm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,199 10 hours ago
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 148 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,649 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 327 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,337 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 543 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 651 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.