Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 CPAP vs...Elite or...?
Airsense 10 CPAP vs...Elite or...?
My sleep study was ordered by my cardiologist. I was diagnosed with Complex Sleep Apnea. My cardiologist prescribed the AirSense 10 CPAP. This is my busy season, so I didn't have time to do the research. I trusted the process. I picked up and payed for the machine (the $500 deductible meant out of pocket for all but $10). Now that I've had time to do a bit of research, I've discovered that the AS10 cpap provides compliant data only.

Although I will likely have to cough up another $500 (since I doubt insurance will pay for a 2nd device), Given that I have Complex SA, I think a device that detects central events and provides full detail data (and is supported by sleeepyhead or other software) is essential.

So,:

1. From what I can tell, the AirSense 10 Elite is basically the same as the AS10 CPAP, but provides full data. Is that correct?

2. Is the Elite considered a good product, or is there a better choice?

Thanks for any help. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 CPAP vs...Elite or...?
If you are going out of pocket, push a little bit more and get the AutoSet model - it will run in CPAP mode if that is what you wish and will provide flexibility going forward if changes are needed - without having to go through the whole lab titration exercise again.

The A-10 AutoSet is full data capable just like the Elite, but with the auto feature.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
To add one more option to the mix, you might go for the "for her" version of the Autoset. It captures RERA's which the "not for her" doesn't. Whether you are a her or not. I would probably have gotten it, if I had known.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2015, 01:13 PM)worn_out_in_lebanon Wrote: To add one more option to the mix, you might go for the "for her" version of the Autoset. It captures RERA's which the "not for her" doesn't. Whether you are a her or not. I would probably have gotten it, if I had known.

But it does not look manly... They should make it in RealTree camo. For him.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I just noticed a company called SkinIt makes skins for the S9. Including camo... :-)

In 15 camo variations. Including 3 in pink.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi slumberdog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responses. If the Autoset provides cpap only and auto, that does seem the way to go. Will it also allow user pressure adjustment? Pink doesn't render true men unmanly Smile. Function is what I care about. The more detail and flexibility, the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2015, 02:56 PM)slumberdog Wrote: Thanks for your responses. If the Autoset provides cpap only and auto, that does seem the way to go. Will it also allow user pressure adjustment? Pink doesn't render true men unmanly Smile. Function is what I care about. The more detail and flexibility, the better.

Actually the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is white! And if I was you I would ask for it! Good luck whatever you do!
Post Reply Post Reply
You have COMPLEX sleep apnea. CPAP does not treat complex apnea, it treats obstructive apnea. Your doctor is in error prescribing a CPAP as a solution to complex sleep apnea for a cardiac patient.

I think what is happening here, is you are caught up in an insurance conundrum. Sometimes insurance won't pay for the right equipment until you fail to show improvement with the wrong equipment. A CPAP provides pressure that will greatly improve obstructive sleep apnea. It can do nothing, or worsen central apnea. So rather than get you a bilevel or ASV machine that solves complex apnea, the insurance would like to see if a CPAP is "good enough". Only when it doesn't work, will they approve a Bilevel as medically necessary. What a load of crap!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider: In their defense, I didn't tolerate the apap too well. But if there are devices that do both, I would have thought that was the way to go. Even the cardiologist who prescribed the cpap also prescribed a CNS category sleepaid (when I asked for a sleepaid to help with the adjustment to the device), even though the study specifically mentions to avoid cns sedatives. Further, how does one monitor for central events if there is no detailed data available?

I finally decided that my sanity and my health warranted just letting it go, dealing with it and monitoring my own progress. With the information available in this forum, I feel confident that I can. There really was no useful info forthcoming from the 'entities'.

@mich: Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 99 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.