Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 CPAP vs...Elite or...?
RE: Airsense 10 CPAP vs...Elite or...?
(07-12-2015, 03:18 PM)tedburnsIII Wrote: I do know that I tired holding my breath one or two times to see what my APAP would do. There may not have been an increase in inhalation pressure beyond the max set, but I almost felt as if machine were kind of 'breathing' for me. Also noticed on a couple of occasions that machine would supply inhalation pressure BEFORE I was ready for it- IOW, I felt the need to inhale at a given interval otherwise the machine would provide inhalation pressure anyway.

Comments?

Sounds like you are using a form of EPR and the machine is ending the pressure relief after a short delay, even if you have not started inhaling.

EPR tries to wait for you to initiate inhalation, at which time the pressure relief ends and the IPAP pressure returns.

ResMed machines, and I think PRS1 machines also, wait a fairly long time (like 10 or 15 seconds) before ending pressure relief and returning to full pressure.

Maybe your machine gives up waiting and returns to IPAP sooner.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it or not, this issue is still unresolved. It keeps getting bounced back and forth between the med equip supply company and the sleep Dr. office. I think the problem is that the initial diagnosis and rx weren't appropriate for my condition, and now the insurance company is making them jump through hoops. The machine was prescribed without the benefit of a consult after the study or before the Rx (had I known then what I know now...). But I am the proud owner of a perhaps useless in my case AirSense 10 cpap!

I've not given up entirely, but am so tired of the BS I hear everytime I try to straighten it out...$1500 out of pocket and still no action...it's been a while since I contacted them.

(the original story is in the OP)

Since nothing is happening anyway, I decided to give the AirSense 10 CPAP (which I still have) another try. Even though it provided no relief before, I decided to try experimenting with the pressures to see if that will improve matters (what the heck...I'm walking around like a zombie most days anyway). The clinician menu instructions posted here are pretty simple.

This device doesn't provide full data, but it is supposed to provide AHI, however, Sleepyhead reports an AHI of 0.00. I think I can check it online if I register and allow resmed to monitor my sleep habits. I refuse to do this, since I value my privacy. When I was using it (last time was March), I shut the wifi capability off (which seems to be required each and every time).

So is there a way to get the AHI from Sleepyhead? The ResScan software doesn't see the card at all. Any other helpful info?

Thanks for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
To late to add to the above post, but I beleive I am able to see AHI on the device sleep reports now, as I enabled the "Essentials Plus" option. So I guess that makes the post moot for anything other than an update (and a rant). Still, any pertinent info appreciated. Thanks! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: a new development...
I'm reviving this thread because there has been a new development. After months of trying, the sleep doc office called suggesting a different DME, but this DME only dealt with Phillips Respironics. I approved and within a few days, I received a call from the new DME stating that they had a device for me. Asking these DMEs for information about the device has not been what one could call fruitful. The sleep doc nurse said it was an Adapt ASV? (question mark denotes the tone in her voice), but a 2nd call from the DME to change my appointment did result in some vague info (don't these people know what they are giving their patients???). I may call back to press for more detail

She did know that it was a Phillips AutoSV, and that it had BiPAP and 960 on it. A google search brought up the DS960. It seems as though that would be what she was referring to.

My appt. is Dec 8, but I'd like to get up to speed on the (supposed) device, and these are some of my questions:

1. From the info provided is it likely to be the DS960?
2. Is there a Clinician Manual available. A text search on the term DS960 at the manual page resulted in zero hits.
3. Does sleepyhead or some other software support it in order to view full data?

Thanks for any information.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: a new development...
(11-30-2015, 08:11 PM)slumberdog Wrote: 1. From the info provided is it likely to be the DS960?

Yes. Excellent machine. Can be adjusted to act like a fixed-pressure CPAP, or like an APAP, or like a BiPAP, or partially like an Auto BiPAP, or like an ASV or like an Auto ASV.
Quote:2. Is there a Clinician Manual available. A text search on the term DS960 at the manual page resulted in zero hits.

Yes. Request by email the setup manual for the "Respironics PR System One BiPAP AutoSV Advanced" following the directions given in the "CPAP Setup Manuals" link in the banner at the top of our forum.

Quote:3. Does sleepyhead or some other software support it in order to view full data?

I am pretty sure that SH does support it.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
SH does support the 960. From the description, I agree you are dealing with the PRS1 Auto SV 960P.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much for your responses! Manual requested as per instructions.

In my limited use of the original device, I was using a full mask, which seemed ok, but a bit cumbersome (I sleep on side and at times stomach). I found that breathing thru my nose worked best with the cpap & FM, but during one of the 3 studies I had, I found that one of the devices (I believe ASV) caused air pressure back through my mouth (being almost a year ago, I can't remember which of the several masks they tried produced the "air-back").
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can tolerate nasal pillows, I think that remains your best option. If it causes you to release air through your mouth, you may need a full face mask or hybrid mask (you can see those styles on any supplier web site). For most of us, nasal pillows are the only option that might allow comfort in the sleeping positions you prefer. Avoiding loss of air pressure through the mouth is partially a matter of personal training. If you can do it most of the time, no reason you shouldn't be able to do it all the time. Some people are unable to tolerate nasal therapy at all.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help. This forum is greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 22 1 hour ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,407 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 151 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 129 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 360 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,342 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.