Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Control Software?
Airsense 10 Control Software?
I have a ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset CPAP/APAP machine.

Already have downloaded and am using both the ResScan and SleepyHead software to periodically analyze my data.

I know that the AirSense can be controlled remotely from the doctor's office or equipment supplier and probably by the factory.

Does anybody know of any control software that will allow me to control this machine from my computer? I know it can be purchased, but I don't want to pay Respironics' price plus I probably would need a medical license or something.

Anybody seen control software for this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Control Software?
You can control the machine settings easily enough by going into the "clinician" menu. Press the Home key and the round dial together for about 3 to 5 seconds and you will be in the menu that allows you to control everything.

And then if your settings change phone your DME and tell them not to do that. Tell them that if they won't agree you will put your machine into airplane mode so they can't. You have every right to control your own therapy. Who cares about you more than you?

My DME supplier is fine with me changing the settings and even told me how to get into the 'clinician' menu myself.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Actually, The first thing I did was to figure out how to get into the clinician settings! If I don't like what the DME sets it at, I just change it back! Been doing that awhile!

What I am looking for is more for fun. I just want to be able to access the ResMed from my iPad or netbook. It's my engineering background kicking in. If someone tells me I can't do something, then I'm gonna figure out a way to do it!

If the DME supplier can do it, i want to do it too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello mstrick96 and welcome to the forum
AirSense 10 have wireless transmit summary data to your doctor or whoever, and settings can be changed remotely, providing turned on or/and available in your country. Also when the machine on "Airplane Mode", data cannot be transmitted
Resmed from time to time, upgrade the software remotely, again not available on machines purchased from overseas, like mine

Detailed data ONLY available on the SD card and cannot be transmitted remotely or available on MyAir

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Zonk, my Airsense 10 that I initially had as a rental from Resmed did have the wireless but when I actually bought it there was none. Not that I want it per se. I guess Resmed will only take on the expense when they are supporting sales (ie DME system compliance/Medicare) which isn't an issue here since you are basically on your own in the land of Oz (my experience). In the states part of Resmed's strategy has been the wireless connection so it can get the supply contracts with the major DMEs - its not really for "actual" patient support..... (at least that probably wasn't the original driver)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mstrick96,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Airsense 10. My DME can obtain detailed data remotely via the cellular system. She showed it to me on my last visit. They have never had access to my SD Data Card. She had minute by minute detailed data, just like I get with Sleepyhead or with Resmed's software. She was using Resmed's software and a printout that she had remotely downloaded from my machine. They can also set any setting on the machine remotely.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 06:30 PM)foss Wrote: I have an Airsense 10. My DME can obtain detailed data remotely via the cellular system. She showed it to me on my last visit. They have never had access to my SD Data Card. She had minute by minute detailed data, just like I get with Sleepyhead or with Resmed's software. She was using Resmed's software and a printout that she had remotely downloaded from my machine.

Jeff
In this case, Resmed spreading the wrong information in the clinical manual
or maybe now the machine also store detailed data too as the case with S8 Autoset Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
Foss, detailed information of what?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 06:30 PM)foss Wrote: She showed it to me on my last visit. They have never had access to my SD Data Card. She had minute by minute detailed data, just like I get with Sleepyhead or with Resmed's software.
Did you see detailed data graphs or just statistics and summary graphs
This is the second time, someone contradict me, please tell me one way or another, otherwise cannot sleep tonight ..
Looking forward to hear from you Coffee

Statistics and summary graphs
[Image: Sucessful_data_download_zpscafe2b33.jpg]
[Image: Overview1_zps35d8e666.jpg]

Detailed data graphs samples
[Image: Daily_parts_zpsee91cb1c.jpg]
[Image: Graphs2_zps1a38e585.jpg]
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 960 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 245 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 1,915 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.