Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Elite humming all night - going crazy!
RE: Airsense 10 Elite humming all night - going crazy!
I'll bet there is a patent or two we could search for that

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
(02-03-2017, 06:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Keep the loaner, give back the repaired unit. Smile

Well I wish I could have done that. On the first night back my repaired machine is exhibiting the same noise, a slight buzzing sound that is in rhythm with my inhale/exhale. Resmed advised that they replaced the motor as a precaution, but I have no proof of that. I have sent Resmed a "nastygram", or a sternly worded email if you like, informing them of their responsibilities to me to provide a completely satisfactory solution. Let the games continue, as this is the same problem I had 12 months ago. Oh-jeez  Just for info, the loan machine with the Airsense 10 For Her algorithm gave me a slightly lower AHI over the two and a half weeks that I used it. Maybe I am actually a female inside.  Dont-know  

James
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is going back, again, for Resmed to take another look. I have now found that some sort of vibration is being transmitted along the hose into my mask and the buzzing becomes  rhythmical with my breathing.  If I hold the hose up to my ear, and cover the other ear I can clearly hear the buzzing. I swapped masks to test the theory and the sound is still there. Just to confirm I woke up my wife, and survived, and she can hear it as well. So madness is not setting in. Come hell or high water Resmed will sort it out. I'll just keep at them until it is sorted Hammer

James
Post Reply Post Reply
They've sent my unit in for investigation. My replacement is making the same noise.

We'll know in a month what's up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 01:25 PM)Cro0ked Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 05:30 AM)nanbar Wrote: I have had one machine replaced after being found to be faulty (noisy pump). My second machine was even worse, its now found to have been faulty also. A whole batch of machines were found to have problems and I got two of them. People on here were trying to tell me the noise was normal which was BS. The hire/rental machines I have used were as quiet as anything, the ones I bought sounded like jumbo jets by comparison. Any, lets see how number 3 goes,

Oh man. I hope this third one is quiet! That's a terrible experience Sad

Mine's getting sent for repairs or replacement on Feb 07, here's hoping I get a quiet one back.

No dice. Ill be onto machine no. 4!! They are replacing no. 3 as well. They want to do extensive testing before I go home with no 4. The current loan machine is so quiet its rediculous.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had three Airsense 10 Auto's in 14 months and my machine has now been returned from Resmed. They found that some clips holding a communication module were broken and a chassis seal was misaligned. Now you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that these sorts of faults should be picked up and repaired prior to sending the unit back or they were caused by shoddy workmanship in the repair center. This machine has been in for service three times this year for noise issues.  First nights use last night with the repaired machine and a slight humming sound it still being transmitted through the hose into my mask, less than it was though, and the loan machine did not do this. I suspect that it is transmitted by a harmonic vibration within the machine. A few days ago I did "politely raised the roof" with Resmed and I have been assigned a Customer Service case manager to repair the damaged relationship I have with Resmed. It is quite amazing what a threatened complaint to the Government agency that covers medical equipment will do. Bigwink  Resmed's position is to replace my current machine with a brand new one, built the same as their loaners as they admitted they do differ from customer machines, to get me to a happy place.
I'll keep you posted on the outcome as the battle continues.  During the conversation I mentioned this forum to them and the number of posters who have had issues with their products. I would think that they might just keep and eye on the discussion here as they want to protect the reputation of the company as the perceived No 1 in the industry. The official word on the well known "Darth Vader" effect is that it is "normal and acceptable" for this machine. There you go.

Eat-popcorn
James
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2017, 05:13 PM)JamesW Wrote: I have had three Airsense 10 Auto's in 14 months and my machine has now been returned from Resmed. They found that some clips holding a communication module were broken and a chassis seal was misaligned. Now you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that these sorts of faults should be picked up and repaired prior to sending the unit back or they were caused by shoddy workmanship in the repair center. This machine has been in for service three times this year for noise issues.  First nights use last night with the repaired machine and a slight humming sound it still being transmitted through the hose into my mask, less than it was though, and the loan machine did not do this. I suspect that it is transmitted by a harmonic vibration within the machine. A few days ago I did "politely raised the roof" with Resmed and I have been assigned a Customer Service case manager to repair the damaged relationship I have with Resmed. It is quite amazing what a threatened complaint to the Government agency that covers medical equipment will do. Bigwink  Resmed's position is to replace my current machine with a brand new one, built the same as their loaners as they admitted they do differ from customer machines, to get me to a happy place.
I'll keep you posted on the outcome as the battle continues.  During the conversation I mentioned this forum to them and the number of posters who have had issues with their products. I would think that they might just keep and eye on the discussion here as they want to protect the reputation of the company as the perceived No 1 in the industry. The official word on the well known "Darth Vader" effect is that it is "normal and acceptable" for this machine. There you go.

Eat-popcorn
James

If thats the case then whereby they build a whisper quiet loaner or trial machine (to bait you into the sale), then sell you one that sounds like "Darth Vadar", then thats just plain fraudulent. If I dont get a good outcome with mine (after 3 machines), I will be taking it up with the same Government Agency and the ACCC.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 468 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 72 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 385 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,099 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 494 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 306 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.