Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 Mask Settings
Airsense 10 Mask Settings
After using full face masks for a year, I switched to nasal pillows (P30i).  Now I am planning to try the N30i nasal mask.  Trying to nail down the best combination of comfort, low leakage and low AHI for myself.  My question is, how does changing the Airsense 10 mask setting affect the treatment?  Is the pressure somehow applied differently for full vs nasal vs pillow setting?  Is leakage calculated differently?  Or is the setting selection just there for reporting purposes?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 Mask Settings
Take a look at this thread, ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type?.  It seems to answer most, if not all, of your question.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen any official ResMed material documenting exactly how the Mask Setting is used.

Having said that, one of the roles that makes sense is; it's used for leak calculations. This hypothesis is supported by ResMed now suggesting that all modern day nasal masks be set to the Pillow Setting. If you take a look at all Nasal ResMed masks Pressure-Flow Curve graphs, the ones that are to be set to Pillows have identical Pressure-Flow Curve graphs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2022, 04:55 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Take a look at this thread, ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type?.  It seems to answer most, if not all, of your question.

- Red

Thanks Red.  Lots of helpful info in that thread.

(11-13-2022, 05:02 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: I have never seen any official ResMed material documenting exactly how the Mask Setting is used.

Having said that, one of the roles that makes sense is; it's used for leak calculations. This hypothesis is supported by ResMed now suggesting that all modern day nasal masks be set to the Pillow Setting. If you take a look at all Nasal ResMed masks Pressure-Flow Curve graphs, the ones that are to be set to Pillows have identical Pressure-Flow Curve graphs.

Thanks, Dog Slobber.
Post Reply Post Reply
While this thread was from around 2013 (it seems so ancient now), this post had a Resmed leak chart of various masks from that era.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid52652

Back then, we had to run SleepyHead on an abacus. Wink

I hope it may provide some insight.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red for the leak chart.  Now if I can just gather enough data to put together a similar chart with today's mask models.
I think I'm driving my RT/DMEs crazy because I'm aggressively hunting for the mask that will give me THE best results in comfort, low leakage and low AHI.  In a little over a year I've used AirFit F20, AirTouch F20, F&P Vitera, P30i, and AirFit N20. I've had high leak rates reported at times when I slept well and detected no leaks, thus my interest in the pressure-flow curves.  Learning this little by little.  My doctor and RT provide little or no technical help, but at least they are willing to keep letting me try new alternatives in my quest for the best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 341 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Settings help for AirSense sleepyalpha 19 1,148 12-24-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 830 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.