Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 SD card full
Airsense 10 SD card full
Hi All,

Does the AirSense 10 gracefully deal with a full card, removing the oldest files as needed to make room for the new?  Or does it do something less nice like removing all of the old data at once or simply refusing to record any new data until space is made available?  I ask because mine is getting rather full at this point.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't readily find such a question either with a generic search engine or my searching the threads here.

Thanks.

Trent
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 SD card full
I will be interested to watch this, even though my card is far from full.

I suppose one strategy would be to keep the old card for historical purposes and get a new card for active duty. My understanding is that any 2MB card will work. Not sure why a larger capacity card would not work, but maybe someone will explain.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a 32 gb card so I’ve never experienced this but I have read here it just writes over the oldest. But if uypu are worried about it copy it to your he and reformat to fat 32 and start new.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't use oscar where all your data already copied? I have changed machine and sd card few time. oscar never delete old data and keep fetching new data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the same card in the new ResMed that was in the Philips DS... When I first fired up the new guy, it asked if I wished to clear all data on the card, prompted 'yes', and it was as new again. They can also easily be cleared or formatted in a PC or laptop.

Someone way back when, advised me that "your machine will likely be totally worn out, before you ever fill that card"....

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
My AS-10 For Her came with a 4G oem card.
The file for each day's data is 2M.
That would be about 5 years worth of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recall a post some time ago that said that the AS10 scrubbeed and reforrmatted the SD card when it got full.

I'd recommend getting a new SD card, especially if you haven't been uploading to OSCAR every day.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are backing up your data from the SD card to a dedicated directory on your PC, then there isn't anything wrong with reformatting it.   Backing up the SD card is a very good practice, since they can go bad instantly.   Also, if you wish to retain the detailed and high-resolution data, you will need to copy it to a backup location anyway.

Here is Resmed's SD card data retention information:
AirCurve and AirSense 10 therapy devices, you can get up to 365 days of usage data, and 30 days of both detailed and high-resolution data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may not be the same thing but I'm having an issue right now where it simply stops recording.  It happened once so I reformatted the card and started again.  This time it went for 17 nights and stopped again.  I'm using an old 8GB card but it is nowhere near 8GB of data.  I see no SD card requirements in the manual so maybe I'll try a new card.
Post Reply Post Reply
mcman56,
I would just replace the card. Sometimes they just go bad.

You can use any card from 2gb to 32gb.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 1 39 1 hour ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 661 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 281 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 224 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,051 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 758 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.