Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 SD card full
RE: Airsense 10 SD card full
Was the card originally an ebay purchase? I recall hearing a few years back that there was a common scam with SD cards put up for sale on sites like ebay or craigslist where they would take a low capacity card, mark it as a higher capacity card and format it as the marked capacity, then sell it as a higher capacity card. The only way you would find out it was fake was when you tried storing more data on it than the actual capacity of the card.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
The only requirement is that the SD card can not be over 32-GB. This has to do with a formatting limitation, and the ability of the CPAP to read and write to the SD card. The Resmed 10 series devices are designed to use a 4-GB card. A larger card doesn't really do anything. Trying to find a 4-GB card nowadays is up there with locating a Plymouth pickup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking of trying a wifi sd card, to avoid the in/out daily card routine.
Not sure if they work in these machines though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2021, 11:58 AM)DaveCar Wrote: I was thinking of trying a wifi sd card, to avoid the in/out daily card routine.
Not sure if they work in these machines though.

look here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...=wifi+card
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm confused. I have been on PAP for about 9 months and the 4GB SD card that came with the Machine (AirSense 10 AutoSet) is full. I thought it would record data for a long time (years) before getting full. Each day seems to have about 2.5MB of data. Looking at the details on Microsoft File Explorer, the card seems to have data going back only 21 days. Do the oldest days get deleted when the new day gets added? Should I copy everything onto a 16MB card I have laying around? Does the AutoSet keep the data on board?
Post Reply Post Reply
Two questions: How big is the STR.edf file?
What are the 'Run Hours' on your machine? Click into 'Your Options', then scroll all the way down to 'About' and click it. The second or third line down is 'Run Hours'. A nine month old machine should have about 2300 hour or less.
Third question: Are there any hidden files? How big are they?

My original 2 GB card lasted about a year and a half before I replaced it.
It has been reported that the AirSense 10s erase the whole card when they decide it's full, so let's get it checked.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply pholynyk.

str.edf file is 77KB

Run hours = 2464

This is the ResMed-badged 4GB card that came in the machine when I received it new on 1/14/21. File system is FAT32 as would be expected. 3.69GB of the card is used and 1.68MB is unused. Thanks to Jeff8536, I learned how to show hidden files. There do not seem to be any that I had not seen before.

Thanks again.

What to do at this point??
Post Reply Post Reply
comment deleted, copied into prior post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 11:46 PM)clownbell Wrote:  I don't know how to tell about hidden files since (by definition) I can't see them.

In File Explorer there is a setting you can check to "show hidden files".  Then look at what's on the SD card again.  Your computer may be placing hidden files on the SD card taking up valuable space.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Jeff. I found the setting. Nothing appears that wasn't there before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 664 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 282 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 224 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 17,054 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 758 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.