Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 autoset Humidifyer setting
Airsense 10 autoset Humidifyer setting
i've been using this machine for some time with a heated hose and hose cover. 
my machine is sat on the windowsill next to the bed as i use the curtain to deaden the sound so it doesn't disturb the wife.
i'd estimate the temperature on the windowsill is c.2-3' cent lower than the room as we have the window open.
bedroom is likely to be 19/20' cent (65-68'f).

i fill the water reservior to 100% every night, and each morning its down to 20/25% full - so its working. 
but i have a dry mouth every morning and need to peel lips from my teeth!

i use a resmed airtouch mask. minor leakage. 
AHI's usually in the sub 0.5 range.

humidifer is set to auto.

if i set the humidifier to manual, is it best to increase/reduce tube temperature? i assume the higher reduces rainout?

i used to have quite bad rainout before the heated tube, so its definitely working. just leaving me feel very dry in the mouth. (i'm a mouth breather and not been able to change that).

thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 autoset Humidifyer setting
The humidifier helps keep the nasal passages moist. But it doesn't do much for the mouth and throat when you mouth breath. I've found using Xylimelts help keep my mouth moist during the night. You can pick them up on Amazon.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can probably tweak your humidification and tube temperature settings to compensate but realize that in most bedrooms that room environments change at different times of the year. So the different environment behind the curtains vs in front of them can change over time and you might wake up to rain out. Is the Airsense 10 really too loud for your wife? My wife says she can't hear it at all and the loudest noise is my breathing which she tolerates. Perhaps you have a bad unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for all the replies. 
@1holegrouper - Yes, unfortunately a bit too loud for her. i cranked up the pressure to 14 and the noise is coming through the filter - although i do change it regularly. when i previously had it on autoset at 7 it was very quiet - but i found when the pressure cranked up it disturbed me, so i increased the minimum pressure.

@walla walla - thank you - i'll have a look for these Xylimelts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you won't mind my comments:

Your machine almost certainly should not be perched on a windowsill...unless I have misunderstood.

It is quite likely that your mouth opens, even if it's only during the last really important 30-40 minutes of sleep each night.  The only time I get dry mouth is when my mouth opens and the air from the machine preferentially runs out of my mouth.  I use a nasal mask, so I have to tape my mouth.  

If you suspect that you are even part-time a mouth breather, you might find the benefit of a chin strap or a cervical collar.  As I said, I use tape across my mouth without problems.

You might find that a hose cover, a long thin sleeve designed to cover humidified hoses, even the heated ones, will help to keep the moisture content of the delivered air higher.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I keep the machine in a drawer in bedside stand. The hose and power goes through the back of the drawer using a 2-inch hole I cut. Very quiet. If you have room, this can be a much better and safer solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 87 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,467 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 140 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 279 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 155 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP to ASV setting translation? Moemah123 2 524 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Yujiyun
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 202 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.