Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 cell service not good enough
Airsense 10 cell service not good enough
New Airsense 10 and they said I don't need an SD card , but I got one anyway. We live in sticks and have a Verizon home cell tower in order for us to have celll phone service around the house. The DME said these machine can use any tower available. In the About section is says it is an AT&T service.
We get one grey bar is all and I understand if it was enough to send data it would be green.
But I did get data on the SD card.

We would now have to bring SD to their office or someplace. I was wondering if I can copy the SD card and give them the copy? Or can I create a file and send it somewhere. I presume we are not the only ones.
No one ever asked for the data from her S9 machine and we never looked at it until lately as things were not working so well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 cell service not good enough
I would download the OSCAR at the top of the site, it is completely free and if you wish to post the screenshots you can get suggestions, only if you want.

It will give a summery page that you can print off and give to the Dr. at a normal visit or print out all of the graphs on a day you want him to see. You just can't do that with the wifi myair. It is a VERY limited program that only tells compliance nothing more. The Dr. can see nothing more than how many events you had and if you use the machine a minimum amount of time to satisfy Insurance.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have put an SD in it and I have used Oscar to post some charts here. But we need the compliance part resolved. So the method of getting the data to them is my challenge. I have read on a forum that bringing the machine to where this is AT&T service and just plugging it in will work. It apparently will go back 2 weeks. So if we bring it somewhere weekly we should not loose any data for the compliance folks. But I guess I can just produce one report at the end the 30 days compliance data being recorded and bring that in. That would certainly be less hassle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is your compliance report, 2nd line tells compliance - from OSCAR.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed MyAir App also has a compliance report.
Post Reply Post Reply
From their point of view, they only need proof of compliance. The CDMA connection will use anyone's tower (roaming) to get that info.

You want the data on the SD Card, it is actually more detailed than what the Doc's get OTA. This is where OSCAR shines. With the help of the people here you can understand exactly what is happening. This is what enables the team here to help you optimize your therapy. This is stuff that your med team rarely looks at (They tend to look at compliance and summary info).
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 01:34 PM)bonjour Wrote: You want the data on the SD Card, it is actually more detailed than what the Doc's get OTA. 

There is software for ResMed that sleep doctors can access. It is called AirView. I know my doc gave me a printout with detailed information which they printed from that app. The ResMed website says that AirView allows access to detailed data, so I think the docs do have access to detailed information. Whether they use it or not is a different matter.

The MyAir app on the other hand gives barely any useful information.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed has two levels of detailed data,
1. that which is utilized via AirView, and
2. The higher frequency data that is recorded to the SD Card that is utilized by OSCAR.
Thus my statement that you quoted above.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 11:39 AM)a2wheelerte Wrote: . . .
We would now have to bring SD to their office or someplace. I was wondering if I can copy the SD card and give them the copy? Or can I create a file and send it somewhere. I presume we are not the only ones.
No one ever asked for the data from her S9 machine and we never looked at it until lately as things were not working so well.

By all means, make a copy of your SD card and send it to them, if that is your only means of sending them the data.  I would NEVER trust them with your original SD card, as they might ignorantly erase or corrupt your data, or neglect to return the card at all.  You can also set up a MyAir account, to see if the wireless access you have set up is functional for that.  I recently upgraded to an Airsense Autoset For Her, and I use MyAir only to see that the machine is reporting for compliance.  As soon as I can, I will disable that link, as I get far more info from the SD card anyway.  MyAir is useless for therapy adjustments, it is basically a "feel-good rah-rah" application to encourage new users to maintain compliance, and their scoring is ludicrous, IMHO.  As others have said, the OSCAR compliance report may also suffice.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME called us to ask why she has not used her machine yet. We told them and indicated that she has been using but the cell connection is poor.
They then saw 3 days of data on myair . But when I looked only saw 2 days of data. The first day was missed. I will have plenty of data and reports to show compliance. I'm not concerned now. Thanks to all that responded.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 190 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 138 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 374 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 132 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 207 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 229 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.