Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 filters
Airsense 10 filters
I've read all the threads, and read reviews on Amazon. If one of the experts could chime in and tell me which ones they use and how often they change it out that would be great.  Coffee
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 filters
I use whatever my DME sends me.  They almost never send ResMed brand unless I ask.  But in all honesty, I don't see a lot of difference in them.  

I change mine every two weeks, just because.... Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like their SD cards, Resmed doesn't make their filters. They purchase them from a filter manufacturer. About the only rule I have for purchasing filters is they must be able to fit my CPAP.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I buy the Hypoallergenic ones. I change them about every month to 6 weeks.

Oh sorry I am no expert just a Regular Guy
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee Thank you everyone! I was apprehensive about Amazon , but more than likely the filters are close or roughly the same thing as the filters that come with the machine
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just some FYI. You can easily wash the filters and extend their longevity greatly. Just some hot water and a drop or two of liquid soap. Give um a light finger massage and then rinse. Pat dry with a paper towel.They come out looking like new. 

My filters rarely ever get dirty. I have a ton of filters still in their sealed bags. I'm good for many years to come.
Post Reply Post Reply
Filters are cheap if bought in quantity. Changing them twice a month will not be a significant cost. Maybe it is a bit of overkill but cannot hurt. Medicare and my healthcare provider (Kaiser) both say twice a month.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cut filters out of a fiber filled pillow. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Big Guy, Clownbell and Dave! 

I appreciate the feedback!  Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
The nice thing with the official Resmed filters are, they are a known commodity and you can trust the spec. The going rate for 12 Hypo Filters is $29 and they last me about a month. While you can certainly get some cheap Chinese knockoff's alot cheaper, even if they give the spec, can you trust them? I don't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 182 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 171 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,032 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,383 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Cleaning filters bookwyrmtoo 2 413 12-20-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Airsense 11 filters mmrams13 32 9,645 09-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: turbo
  [Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11 Cpapian 3 881 06-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Melman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.