Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 for Her Humidifier Malfunction-Help!
Airsense 10 for Her Humidifier Malfunction-Help!
I purchased an Airsense 10 for Her shortly after they came out. Humidifier would not work at all - water level would not drop and no humidity. Tried Everything. Called and dealer sent a replacement machine - same thing. Fought with them and upper levels of ResMed and returned machine for a refund. I waited several months for the "issues" to be worked out.

New Airsense 10 for Her ordered and arrived 2 weeks ago. Using Climate line hose and set to Auto Humidity - woke up with water being blown down into my lungs and ears and everywhere - choking and gagging - very scary. It was like a sink sprayer, not "droplets" or "condensation" - like someone putting a sink sprayer in your mouth, turning it on, and expecting you to sleep. Could not stop this from happening. Tried setting to manual with a low humidity and still a lot of water. Called dealer and they are sending a replacement. Called ResMed and the frontline person admitted he was getting several similar calls, but would not admit a defect and said I had to deal with whoever sold me the machine.

I have tried reseating the hose and all the normal things and I keep the water level 1/4 inch Below the Max Line. I have the Clinicians manual and know how to set everything. My AHIs have been awful - 8-12 and over 20 on the night of the great floods. Scared this thing is going to cause pneumonia or worse.

I'm not a newbie - 10 years on CPAP, and 5 years on Autoset 9 with No water issues. I think these machines must have a major defect - I will see what experiment number 4 does - I just really like the look of the machine - not a black hulking box, and wanted it to work out since the 9 was such a good machine.

Just wonder if anyone has had similar experiences with being drowned by an Airsense 10 or Airsense 10 for Her. ResMed doesn't seem to care even a little bit. Thanks for any help you can give me!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 for Her Humidifier Malfunction-Help!
(10-20-2015, 12:48 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: Using Climate line hose and set to Auto Humidity -

- I will see what experiment number 4 does -
You're not set on auto mode. Climate control auto mode protects against rainout and only have tube temperature setting (not humidity)
http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

Most complaints about the 10 series have been noise complaints.
As far as I can recall, no one has complained about it being "like a sink sprayer."

In my personal opinion, the integrated humidifier and the way the tank seals is a bad design.
A couple of areas you might check:
1) The tank has to be really pushed into the machine to seal.
2) Look at the seals in the machine (the ones that for a seal to the tank.) make sure they are properly in position, seated and not damaged.
3) The machine must be level.

Are you in a cold climate? Rainout is a possibility, even with a climateline hose in cold environments.

There have been enough people with various complaints about the 10 that I'm glad my S9 is still relatively young.

(10-20-2015, 01:06 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 12:48 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: Using Climate line hose and set to Auto Humidity -

- I will see what experiment number 4 does -
You're not set on auto mode. Climate control auto mode protects against rainout and only have tube temperature setting (not humidity)
http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

Zonk:

I read it as her 4th experiment. She says she was using auto and switched to manual.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Reply to "not set to auto". At first I did set everything to auto - temp, tube, etc. Then the great flood. It was only After using it the way it was intended, that I tried to do the manual settings to keep from drowning and try to get a little sleep. But it's ridiculous to not be able to use the automatic climate control the way it is intended to be used, and have to determine what humidity setting Might work each day.
Post Reply Post Reply
See the discussion under thread airsense 10 malfunction. There are suggestions there that might help. I am on my fourth machine as well.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 01:08 PM)justMongo Wrote: Zonk:

I read it as her 4th experiment. She says she was using auto and switched to manual.
You shouldn't be getting any rainout with climate control set to Auto
A10 heated tube known to have some defects causing an error message appear on the screen (this is not OP problem). Resmed did some software upgrade and fix the affected machines remotely in US http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...3r-eng.php

Some people reported some moisture inside in the mask, more to do with their own breath than rainout

Post Reply Post Reply
You shouldn't get rain out when set to auto but I have a few times so it is not absolutely guaranteed.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry everyone that keeps referring to this as rainout. It is like comparing a soft rain to a hurricane. Again, it is Exactly like taking a sink sprayer, turning the water on full force, and putting it in your mouth and turning it on and expecting to breath, much less sleep. I know what rainout is and what condensation is. The machine/hose is blowing huge amounts of water at full force down my throat - like a garden hose turned on all the way with force from a sprayer. When I lifted the mask it was BLOWING WITH FORCE all over the bed and room - It was Unbelievable!!. I have used CPAP for over 10 years, and know how to set everything, and never had a problem with the S9 - not even a drop of "rainout". I have the Clinician's manual and everything was set to auto with the Climateline hose, etc. Just like the S9, only with dramatically different results.
Post Reply Post Reply
I strongly suggest you call resmed clinical support. Your issue is now well beyond what the DME can do as replacing machines doesn't solve your problem.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bluemom51,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sorry you are having so much trouble with getting a machine that works well.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and I hope you get a machine that actually works.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,188 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 324 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.