Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 high pressure waking me up
Airsense 10 high pressure waking me up
I recently purchase an airsense 10 and is set to my prescription of 8-14 pressure.

I go to sleep no problem but I have been getting woken up early morning by high pressure air, when im half asleep i figured maybe ny mask moved and leaked so the pressure went up so i readjust my mask to make sure is not leaking and i try to breath while the pressure is high in an attempt for the cpap to "calm down" but no result, after fighting the machine at high pressure i end up turning it off.

then when i turn it back on it starts at low pressure once more, any advice?

thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 high pressure waking me up
post Oscar data so that people can help you
Post Reply Post Reply
It may not be the pressure waking you, it may be the apnea that caused the pressure to increase.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Autoset will adjust pressure upwards due to flow limitations. This can be mitigated by using EPR (exhale pressure relief) which treats the flow limitation and respiratory event related arousals (RERA). A key goal of CPAP is to make the therapy as comfortable as possible, even if this means limiting maximum pressure. If you want a specific recommendation, post an OSCAR chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks do not cause pressure to increase, though they cause flow to increase to maintain pressure. A lot of people use the term pressure when they should be using flow. 

And yes, increased flow can wake you up.

When you wake up, immediately reach over turn the CPAP off, then turn it back on. This will effectively mark exactly when you woke up.

Then using OSCAR, we can look immediately prior to each awakening and see if there was a pressure increase, events, leak,....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,416 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.