Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 humidifier and mask
Airsense 10 humidifier and mask
For the last 2 or so weeks i have notice alot condensation in my mask and eventually it starts to drip at night and wakes me up. The climate control hose is dry.

I use humidity 2 and last 9 days i have gone from temp 60 to 75.

Humidifer chamber- is it suppose to get warm at all when in use?? I have never really paid attention but mine does not if it is suppose to.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 10 humidifier and mask
(06-13-2015, 06:15 AM)Tommy012175 Wrote: For the last 2 or so weeks i have notice alot condensation in my mask and eventually it starts to drip at night and wakes me up. The climate control hose is dry.

I use humidity 2 and last 9 days i have gone from temp 60 to 75.

Humidifer chamber- is it suppose to get warm at all when in use?? I have never really paid attention but mine does not if it is suppose to.

If you are on humidity setting 2 that's not asking the machine for much humidity, your heat plate probably doesn't even need to turn on much if at all for setting 2. The higher humidity settings like 4, 5, 6,7, 8 would cause the heat plate to get warm because that's how it increases the amount of water to mix with the air, but with your low setting of 2 I doubt the heat plate would even turn on.

To test your heat plate turn on the warm up cycle and let it run for ten minutes then pull out the water tub and feel the heat plate.

Your heated hose is just that, it won't create much heat in your mask, but raising the hose temp will help with condensation in your mask to some extent, but remember the heated hose is designed to keep condensation from forming in the hose.

It maybe that you live in an already humid climate and your exhale breath is also adding to condensation in the mask. You can try to keep increasing hose temp if you can tolerate the warmer air, and, or go into settings and turn humidifier to off, either leave your tub empty with humidity setting off, or turn humidity off and continue to put water in tub to get a little pass over humidity if you need it.

You might also look into a hose cover, or run the ambient room temp higher in your bed room. Condensation is just moist air combined with cool ambient temps, so tackle both elements or one at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know when i had my icon heat plate got real hot. The airsense only gets warm compared to icon.

Btw can u feel the hose get warm?
Post Reply Post Reply
You must remember that what you feel is whether things are hotter or cooler than your skin temperature (or not). If your hose temperature is in the low 80 deg F or less, it will not feel warm even if it is working properly.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 01:56 PM)Tommy012175 Wrote: I know when i had my icon heat plate got real hot. The airsense only gets warm compared to icon.

I have used both the Icon and the Airsense, they function a little differently and the Icon heat plate will generally feel warmer..........in addition to the heat plate itself the Icon has a power converter under the heat plate instead of midway in the power cord. When plugged in any power converter will feel warm to the touch, this is normal, so with the Icon you'll notice the humidifier chamber is warm whenever it is plugged in to the power outlet, this is because the power converter transfers some of it's normal heat to the heat plate because it is built into the machine below the heater plate.

The only time I feel any heat from the heated hose is if my bedroom is cold in the winter and when I first turn the machine on I will notice a little bit of heat right at first when I turn it on, but after that I don't notice it. When the bedroom is fairly warm like in the summer I don't really notice the heat from the hose when I touch it, but I do notice warmer air in my face if I turn up the setting.

As the previous poster mentioned the temp of the heated hose only goes up to 86 degrees, and your body is 98.6.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 01:56 PM)Tommy012175 Wrote: I know when i had my icon heat plate got real hot. The airsense only gets warm compared to icon.

My Airsense 10 only gets warm - warm enough to warm the water. The plate has a fuse under it which can be accessed by removing the four screws on the bottom of it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,184 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.