Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 10 humidifier
RE: Airsense 10 humidifier
(12-10-2014, 12:57 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I believe that most of the tanks being discussed in this thread, that have "burn" marks are the original aluminum tanks.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Per ResMed, All A10 tanks are "stainless," both cleanable and standard. They could be different types of stainless, different thicknesses, manufacturing processes, etc.

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Note they don't say what kind of plastic the A10 tanks are made from. Oh-jeez I guess they don't want people to think they have BPA in them. I wonder if they're made from something other than polycarbonate.

Apparently, S9 standard tanks have aluminum bottoms, but that might be the old tanks. They changed the standard tanks at some time after this document, and I'm pretty sure the newer s9 standard tanks are not polycarbonate.

http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...erials.pdf
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on my second tub and the burn mark took a bit longer to appear. I took the machine back to the DME because of the burn mark. One night I forgot to run the warm up and the air smelled like really hot plastic. DME didn't want to replace the machine and said the guys in the back called Res Med about the burn mark and that is not an issue. I called REs Med when I got home and the man told me to get the machine replaced and if my DME didn't want to he would help me find a different DME in my area. I will be calling the DME and they will have to ship the replacement machine because I am not driving 50 miles again for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME tells me resmed is now acknowledged the burn mark issue and will providing a replacement tub in about a month to all people with this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be normal,the machine doesnt know how much water is in the tank or if its empty,will keep heating.I had the same machine it had brown spot from heating. I questioned the size of the tank when I got it, thought it was small compared to my old remstar plus. It turns out that the tank will be dry after a good nights rest 7 hours. Mine was set on auto humidifier. Very dry in Minnesota winter. Thin walled stainless steel will discolor easilly from heat. Pretty new here, hope I could help. Light sanding would remove spot but would return if ran empty.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think ask DME or Resmed if they have heard of this. Maybe a foreign object (dust, lint) got caught on the bottom of the tank when refilling, and then scorched from the heated plate over night.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have this problem. It's a brown discoloration insite the water reservoir on the stainless steell. If the water runs out

Berbie
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 09:10 PM)Bamajim Wrote: I run the humidifier on setting 6. I fill to the max line each night and it is close to empty each morning. Usually has a little water left, maybe an 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

My A10 has about the same amount of water after about 7-8 hrs sleep. I clean it weekly and make sure no water on bottom. I use auto but have used 4,5 & 6 settings. I forgot to fill tank one night and it was empty in the morning and bottom of tank was quite hot but no apparent damage. There are no burn spots. Perhaps you sat it in something while filling. I alway place mine on a wash cloth to absorb any spilled water. Mine is 2 months old.
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 92 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 348 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 889 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 503 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 422 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,321 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.